Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts

Default SMS Backup to Gmail?

I finally made the switch from my old clunky android G1 to an iPhone 4... The White version did it for me. As an iPad owner, most of the functionality is familiar to me.

Want to know what I'm missing? My old G-Backup Full app on android.

I have been searching and haven't found anything like this for an iPhone.
    The most critical functionality is that it captures any text (SMS) messages that I either send or receive, and then it sends them to my gmail, marks them as read, labels them, and archives them. This makes all my text messages, including contact info, phone number, timestamp, and content, very searchable.

In addition to SMS, it also did MMS including pics/video, my own camera roll pictures, videos, and everytime I made or received a call, it would note the call log info and archive all that too. Each with their own searchable label. For a data junky like me, it was awesome to have all that in my gmail and never have to keep it on my phone.

So, do I just suck at searching? or is something like this out there? Willing to jailbreak to get it. Best phone application I ever bought.

Other than that, love my iphone!

6,816 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

I know this is a late reply but in case anyone else wonders, the only thing I am aware of that can back those things up and allow you to view them on a computer is a program called Missing Sync. Worth checking out.

1 Posts

Default Re: SMS Backup to Gmail?

I have used a product called IPhone SMS To Gmail in the past, worked great for me.

NerdyHearn - Software