Gmail Folders and Filtering - not filtering when using iPhone

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Apologies in advance if this topic has been addressed elsewhere.

I've had the VZW iPhone4 for about a week, coming from a Droid Incredible.

I set-up my Gmail as an Exchange account and receive my e-mails via PUSH just fine.

The only problem I have is with how the iPhone handles my other Gmail folders or "labels" for this account.

In my Gmail account I have set rules so that certain incoming messages are filtered (they skip the inbox and go straight into a designated folder/label). My iPhone is delivering these "filtered" messages to my Inbox, which defeats the purpose of setting up filters in the first place.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I found this out last night too and find it quite annoying but, as yet I have not found a solution, so I too eagerly await replies. Thanks for posting the question.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
All the filters I have set up in gmail work the same on my desktop and on my iPhone. I don't have any messages show up in my inbox that shouldn't be there.

Are they working correctly on your desktop?

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
All the filters I have set up in gmail work the same on my desktop and on my iPhone. I don't have any messages show up in my inbox that shouldn't be there.

Are they working correctly on your desktop?

Yes, they are set up correctly on my desktop. I have 2 GMail accounts on the phone, both set up as Exchange accounts. :confused:

hugecanoli

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
In your Mail settings...go to the account you have set up for PUSH and make sure you have the folders (labels) set up to push.

The option is right above the Delete Account button.

Try setting up all of the labels you want pushed and see if that works for you instead of just pushing the inbox for that account.

Reactions: tourstagefan

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Not had chance to 'play' yet. Just letting you know I'm not ignoring you! I appreciate you help.