Gmail Exchange Issues

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
What am I missing? I just used the Apple mail setup for my g-mail and set my setting for push on it. Did not do anything special however I only use it for e-mail. Is there an issue with the way others are setting it up? I literally ent into settings and set up a new account and entered my name, email password and viola, it worked.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
What am I missing? I just used the Apple mail setup for my g-mail and set my setting for push on it. Did not do anything special however I only use it for e-mail. Is there an issue with the way others are setting it up? I literally ent into settings and set up a new account and entered my name, email password and viola, it worked.

If you set up gmail using the gmail button on the iPhone, it is imap and fetch, not push. To get gmail push, you need to set it up as exchange.
aefc9a59-2d6e-a986.jpg

canes1625

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm unable to get my contacts from my iphone backed up to my google contacts. I've set it up both ways described above and contacts will not sync over to google. Any suggestions??

jpayne80

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I am beyond frustrated here. Since 4:00 yesterday, I've been getting the "Exchange password is incorrect" message. I called VZW tech support this morning and was on the phone with them for 40 minutes. Finally they referred me to Apple. The support agent at Apple had me do a few things, then put me on hold while he spoke with the supervisor. He came back on and said his supervisor said it's not their problem since I can technically get email (when set up as a Gmail account, and I manually refresh to get it - which, in that case, what's the point of even having a smartphone?!), and to call Google/Gmail. Huh?!

Anyone else having this problem again? I had it back when this thread was started, but it seemed to resolve itself within a few hours. It's now been nearly 22 hours and it's still happening. :mad:

anon4705193

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I am beyond frustrated here. Since 4:00 yesterday, I've been getting the "Exchange password is incorrect" message. I called VZW tech support this morning and was on the phone with them for 40 minutes. Finally they referred me to Apple. The support agent at Apple had me do a few things, then put me on hold while he spoke with the supervisor. He came back on and said his supervisor said it's not their problem since I can technically get email (when set up as a Gmail account, and I manually refresh to get it - which, in that case, what's the point of even having a smartphone?!), and to call Google/Gmail. Huh?!

Anyone else having this problem again? I had it back when this thread was started, but it seemed to resolve itself within a few hours. It's now been nearly 22 hours and it's still happening. :mad:

I had this same issue a few days ago. I totally removed then readded my gmail (again as an exchange) and seems to have resolved the issue

douglaswilson

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I too have my gmail account set up as an exchange account. Every thing works great but I am noticing now that contacts I enter in my iphone do not show up in my gmail contacts. Any suggestions?

douglaswilson

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I so have it set up to sync. I was thinking about changing it to no, which would delete my contacts and then changing it back to yes again. I'm not sure what that would do though. But yes, contacts are set to sync.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
has anyone had issues with exchange and wifi? if im on wifi push is spotty, sometimes works sometimes not. if i go to 3G everything pushes fine.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
ok so i was came up with a temp solution for trash. i made a label called iphone trash, now i just move trash from the phone to this label, then empty the label from my comp. works i guess lol

tundra12000

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I had mine set up on imap and had a problem . Then switched it to exchange it worked fine for about 2 weeks then went to crap . Now back to imap .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711