How to Setup GMail: Contacts, Calender, and Email.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Everyone is going to start a thread about "how to do....." when they have the tools right at their disposal to get the answer. Google search or Forum search almost always does the trick.

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Wow! Blasted for trying to help people out. You are still a young member, we tend to help people here even if their Google switch is broken.

Reactions: southunder

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Wow! Blasted for trying to help people out. You are still a young member, we tend to help people here even if their Google switch is broken.

I've never understood the "Just Google it" response. I mean, this is an Internet FORUM. That's like going to the Apple Genius Bar and having them say "Well over there is a MacBook, so use it to Google the answer."

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Guys I see a lot of people asking how to setup these up. Follow the link below and if you have any questions please ask.

Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Google Sync - Google Mobile Help

Also keep in mind that the servers may take a few minutes to sync everything up, so give it some time.

This is the preferred way to set up an email on iphone if you have gmail and thank you for posting for the people who don't know about it and ignore the comments you may get about this thread.

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
No problems guys, I had three lines with iPhones on Tmobile and used them since they first came out. I may not be the most experienced iPhone user, but having to keep up three different phones at the same time has taught me a thing or two. Now I just waiting for two new ones to come in the home, so that now we can finally get some service.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Everyone is going to start a thread about "how to do....." when they have the tools right at their disposal to get the answer. Google search or Forum search almost always does the trick.

90% of people don't search. A forum is to find info and help others. If you didn't like this thread shouldn't have clicked on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cevmkv

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
when i activated my phone in itunes, it asked me where i wanted to sync my contacts from and since i had a droid and knew my contacts were up to date i just said via google, it then asked me to enter my google login stuff and retrieved them all for me and put them on my phone...

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have one question. What is the difference with gmail email through the Exchange way on the phone, and the regular "Gmail" option on the phone??

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Gmail through exchange allows you to sync all you contacts, calendar, and email. So if you add an event to your calendar on your phone it updates to the one online, or to outlook. The same goes for contacts, this works great, my wife and I share calendars and a group on contacts.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

No I wasn't blasting you. In fact I was with you because of everyone starting new threads asking the same thing. I'm glad you started this thread.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
90% of people don't search. A forum is to find info and help others. If you didn't like this thread shouldn't have clicked on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's nothing wrong with this thread. It's with the other people starting 15 other threads ask the same thing. This thread is a very good and helpful one. You must have misunderstood what I was saying.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've never understood the "Just Google it" response. I mean, this is an Internet FORUM. That's like going to the Apple Genius Bar and having them say "Well over there is a MacBook, so use it to Google the answer."

What do you think the forum search function is for? Trust it's much more useful to do a quick search than starting a new thread and wait for people to answer. So my tip for people that need help is to use the search function because they could find their answer a lot faster. Is that not a good tip?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Your post did not read that way, no worries I am here to help.

Oh my bad. That's not what I meant. When you started out by saying you've seen several people ask.... I then went on to say that all these people are going to start new threads asking how they can do something when they can search for it. Wasn't saying anything about you as I think it's always helpful to put everything in one thread rather than starting several ones.

WascalWabbit

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to delete all previous email accounts on my gmail, my macbook, and on my iphone. There are 4 different calendars on my mac, one of which is a subscription from when I setup a caldav account for my blackberry. I want to start from scratch and clear out the clutter and the multiple events on my calendar.

tomb

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
mail set up

wish I had seen this before I set up with Itunes...somehow ended up with 10.000 thats right thousand emails that showed up on my phone as not read...talked with apple this morning...sorry delete one at a time or at a 200 clip....Ill be busy for a while only 8000 to go......

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
OP, Thanks for this. I have a couple of questions.

First off, I set up google sync on my PC and synced my calendar.

But it does not seem to Sync my contacts. How do I sync my contacts between Outlook-Iphone-Ipad

Any changes made on Ios show up within seconds on Google, but the new contacts dont come back to Outlook. The calendar works fantastic, and will update every 30 min on my PC(as per the sync widget).

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Is it possible to delete all previous email accounts on my gmail, my macbook, and on my iphone. There are 4 different calendars on my mac, one of which is a subscription from when I setup a caldav account for my blackberry. I want to start from scratch and clear out the clutter and the multiple events on my calendar.

You should be able to delete them all, but give them some time for them to be removed. Syncing stuff when you delete them can take some time for them to fall off.

I would first make sure it looks right in your GMaill acct before you try to sync your phone.

Reactions: WascalWabbit

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
wish I had seen this before I set up with Itunes...somehow ended up with 10.000 thats right thousand emails that showed up on my phone as not read...talked with apple this morning...sorry delete one at a time or at a 200 clip....Ill be busy for a while only 8000 to go......

Delete your email acct on the phone then re-sync through exchange.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711