Syncing iPhone to gmail contacts

Steve Doherty

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I am an idiot.

I finally got this working. I had set up everything correctly on my iphone, and was wondering why my contacts weren't getting uploaded to Gmail. It kinda helps when you also tell iTunes to Sync with Google contacts (Info tab). Then it worked a treat. I basically created an empty gmail account and it populated the gmail contacts with my iPhone contacts.

Yay. I'll call it a win. Should've worked it out ages ago :)

Steve

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
There is another way to do it without using iTunes. I have my Gmail account set up on the Microsoft Exchange option on the iPhone. This offers me push contacts, push mail, and push calendar, all for free.
THis is what I use for email, calendar and contacts. Works quite well! I'm a big fan of the Google Calendar and find this to be the best part of the 3 for me. :)

Steve Doherty

May 8, 2010
Visit site
There is another way to do it without using iTunes. I have my Gmail account set up on the Microsoft Exchange option on the iPhone. This offers me push contacts, push mail, and push calendar, all for free. Go read this link: Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Google Sync - Google Mobile Help I feel this is better than using iTunes.

The instructions that you suggest were the instructions I used BEFORE bringing iTunes into the mix, and they didn't work for me. It was only after using iTunes to Sync that everything started to work.

Steve

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711