Mail Notifier 2.0 Approved: Get push Hotmail, Gmail, AOL, and IMAP mail for iPhone

derek13

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Update: 11/19/09
Mail Notifier is now in the App Store.

Get Mail Notifier

Mail Notifier delivers push notifications for Hotmail, Gmail, AOL, and IMAP mail.

It is the first app to bring push Hotmail, IMAP, and AOL mail to the iPhone.

YouTube Demo:
YouTube - Push Hotmail for the iPhone - Mail Notifier Demo

Screenshots:

0.png
2.png

3.png
4.png

I am here to answer any questions you have about the app. :)

Merritt

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
OK. I have had my iphone for a week. Always have been a BB user and loved the email on the BB. I just bought the 3gs 32g. How is this app different than what came on the phone? Thx in advance.

derek13

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
OK. I have had my iphone for a week. Always have been a BB user and loved the email on the BB. I just bought the 3gs 32g. How is this app different than what came on the phone? Thx in advance.

The BlackBerry has BIS where you can add any email account and get push with it.

However, with the iPhone, you need to have an Exchange server account or Apple's Mobile Me account to get push. Even then, you wont' get a preview of the email in the notification like you do with Mail Notifier and you are limited to Apple's default new email sound.

With Mail Notifier, you can set a different ringtone for different email accounts so you know from which account you have new email without checking and you have the option to set a silence period where the app will automatically make the notifications silent so you won't wake up.