Email trouble: using Gmail, iPhone and Apple Mail

moenke77

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
I have a gmail account and I access it on my iphone and also through apple mail on my laptop. I receive hundreds of emails per day and I read most of them on the iphone. When I open Apple Mail at the end of the day, all of same emails that I already read on the iphone download as unread. Is there a way to have gmail emails download as read to Apple Mail once I've read them on the iphone? I have a separate NYU account and once I read a message on the iphone, it downloads into Apple Mail as read so I know it's possible, I just don't know if Gmail is able to do this?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
If you read on your iPhone do the messages show up online in Gmail as read?

Sounds like you do not have Apple Mail setup as IMAP, or the iPhone isn't setup as IMAP. For proper IMAP on the iPhone search for the manual instructions from Google, just typing in your account/password doesn't always work right.

moenke77

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
i had both the iphone and Apple Mail set tup as IMAP and I still received duplicate new messages. I even tried with iphone set up with IMAP and Apple Mail not. Didn't work. When I read messages on my iphone, they are marked as read in Gmail online, archived too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2