GMail and IMAP Folders

NXLTrauma25#IM

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
I have searched high and low and cannot find a direct answer.

I currently have my gmail account setup to skip the inbox on most of my mail (bank emails and such) so that I have a clean inbox and can look at them later.

However my iphone only syncs the inbox of gmail and not any of the folders.

I would prefer to keep skipping the inbox and keeping it clean, so if anyone knows an app or work around please let me know.

The other option I was wondering about is if it is possible to BOTH on the phone and in Gmails website set it up so that if i were to remove auto-archiving and have those emails go to the inbox as usual, if after reading them they could be auto archived after that.

Thanks for the help in advance

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
the folders should sych up. if i read an email on my phone, and put it in a specific folder, its there online, and vice versa. i might be misunderstanding the question though. you are wanting to be alerted that a new email has arrived or been synched with your folders and not your inbox maybe? i'm not sure thats possible.

NXLTrauma25#IM

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Sorry. Your right I was unclear.

They do sync up but I would like the normal badge to showup upon new mail.

I can settle for just hitting archive when checking the mail via the web, but what happens if I delete/read the mail on my iphone? Does it keep it inbox or archive that

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i'm trying to get what you are wanting here. so on your gmail on the web, you dont have anything going to your inbox, all of it is just archived? if thats the case, i dont beleive that your iphone would be able to pull the emails in. i know it can synch the folders, but it wouldnt be able to notify you that a new mail had arrived. if you read or delete on the phone though, the action would be mirrored on the web. i'm doing something kinda the same as what you want. i have my gmail forwarded to mobileme, but have the web gmail set to archive my mail after its forwarded. this way, on my phone, i can put the mail in whatever folder i want in mobile me, and my inbox is still clear. later on i go back on the web and label each mail depending on where i want it. i think thats kinda what you're talking about.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
you can only get the badge for items in the inbox. you must choose to have auto forwarding or the badge, not both.

for gmail, if you delete on the phone it's deleted everywhere

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen