GPush (Push for Gmail) is out!

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i tested it a bit, the push is solid, but honestly with just purchasing mobileme, it really doesnt do me much good. i get the push, then i've got to open the mail and read anyway. i'm better off letting mobileme push it, then just open the one acct with all my emails combined. i thought that once the app got the mail, we could just tap on the app and see it, but tapping the app only lets you put credentials back in. if you dont have exchange or mobileme though, this is def a good option. the push is quick! just as quick as my mobileme.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
What a waste. I couldn't get it to work. At all. I gave it a one star review on the appstore. I deleted it and rebooted my iPhone and reinstalled it. Still wouldn't work. What a lame ass app.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Thus far, crap! I've installed it, not that I needed to. But, after entering the credentials, it works once, then anytime you open the app again it tries to verify the credentials again, but, why exactly?

Bottom line, I went to their website to try and get support, and there is none. Why? I know it's only $0.99, but support should still be given, no?

MPIIIMan

Jun 16, 2009
www.mpiiiman.com
Lots of hype for this app and it fails to impress.
Not being able to use custom domain blows. Hopefully they'll update that.
Like big9erfan states, it worries me giving my credentials to an app with absolutely no privacy policy. None on their website either.

For now I will stick to using PushMail (PushMail - Mail notifications on your iPhone)
The alerts are the same, you can't actually open the mail app from the notification, but at least they have some sort of privacy policy.

MobileMe is nice, but you still don't get popup notifications with a preview of the email. I want to just glance down and see who the email is from. I did not like having to open the email app just to see. Why apple did not include an option for popup notifications on emails is beyond me.

[edit]
I find it amusing the developers of the app haven't even updated their website yet.
Pssst guys. It's been approved wake up!

Last edited:

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Just got an email from David, at GPush. There is an issue on the server, and thus they have pulled it, for now. Keep an eye on their Twitter to know the latest @gpush4iphone...

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Servers were working great when I used it.

For those not using MoMe, I think this is a great solution, when it works. I really don't need the push either, but like Ivan said "... it's bloody $0.99" and too bad I've said that way too many times and I'm afraid to tally up what I've spent in the app store.

PastorGadget

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
It worked when I followed the link. By the time I read the info and the reviews and hit buy and entered my password for the store it got pulled. That was the first time I've experienced that. I think they black helicopters must have been spying on me and saw I wanted it.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Luckily I didn't have issues and try to delete and re-add it. I'll do more testing throughout the day.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77