GMail on the iPhone: IMAP or POP

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Morning all, me again...

I've read a few things online, and I know one major benefit of IMAP is having your account/device match, in respect to data.

But, as for speed of delivery of emails, is using IMAP better than POP, or visa-versa?

I'm basically looking for the quickest way to receive GMail emails. Switching to Yahoo or ME is not an option.

Thanks in advance

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I like imap so that I have the same emails on my phone and my desktop. I've only had my iPhone since Saturday but the imap on gmail has been great for me.

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
IMAP is better all the way around. Depending on the server, IMAP will push - pop will not. So if you're using GMail...eventually you'll get push if it's set up for IMAP.

CYaris

Jun 30, 2009
www.esqtechsolutions.com
Here is a link to a great discussion, from the treocentral boards, about the benefits of IMAP:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/palm-os-communication/108669-why-imap-vs-pop3.html

I have imap for google and google apps, and love it. I never liked my pop accounts, since my desktop, laptop, and phone were not in sync. If I got mail on my phone, I had to be careful that I didn't delete it from the server, or it would be gone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox