Gmail Task Support

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
^ for now, they suck big time. They support multiple lists, and that's about it. No options, nothing. BUT, I am sure Google will be putting some effort into Tasks to make the service better. I wish if Google would just buy Toodledo lol.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
It is a very basic service. If your system is more robust than a simple list (which Gmail Tasks basically is right now), then I wouldn't switch.

megscd

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I like it. It's like having a portable paper to-do list. Then again, I'm sick of the feature-rich services that sync badly and lose my tasks, so I'm in a "the simpler the better" stage.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I like it. It's like having a portable paper to-do list. Then again, I'm sick of the feature-rich services that sync badly and lose my tasks, so I'm in a "the simpler the better" stage.

While this is not the task app I use, try using Toodledo. Both are free.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Apps like OmniFocus and Things can easily become anti-productive for me. Way more options than I ever need. On the other hand, using Appigo's Todo along with Toodledo sync had never been more productive. It's feature rich, yet simple AND productive.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Apps like OmniFocus and Things can easily become anti-productive for me. Way more options than I ever need. On the other hand, using Appigo's Todo along with Toodledo sync had never been more productive. It's feature rich, yet simple AND productive.

And that is the same setup I use. I find it great and adding Appigo's Notebook to the equation only makes it better.

megscd

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I like Appigo's products, but the sync for Todo is never 100% for me with RTM or Toodledo. I got tired of repeating repeating events!

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I like Appigo's products, but the sync for Todo is never 100% for me with RTM or Toodledo. I got tired of repeating repeating events!

I have never had a problem with the sync with Toodledo. I don't use RTM, so I can't comment on that.

thebrain2u

Sep 18, 2008
Visit site
Gmail Tasks seems to be very simple. As with all things Gmail, I'm pretty sure they'll be adding features down the line. I'm currently using Ultimate Todos on the iPhone, but I guess I could try out Gmail Tasks. At least it's in corporated nicely into Gmail. I'm glad that you can make Indents that are like sub-tasks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR