gmail and google calendar apps?

lehresman

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
I've searched around, but I can't even find anyone talking about Google creating a Gmail app and a Calendar app. This seems like an obvious thing that Google would want to do, given their love affair with the iPhone. I used to have a Samsung A727, and they developed an app that ran native on that phone, and it was fantastic.

Has anyone heard rumors of Google developing these apps? With mail, contacts, calendar, and docs, they could really develop MobileMe for the rest of us.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Have not heard anything. But keep in mind Google has their own phone coming out soon... so I'm guessing they are keeping those sorts of apps for themselves... Just my guess.

sheik

Aug 6, 2008
www.greynode.org
Yeah I find it quite odd that apple didn't build that feature in from the start. In fact, iCal and google calendar are based on the same technologies, so interfacing them isn't a problem.

If you are interested in learning more, they are based on the iCalendar standard (RFC 2445)

Lamigraham

Aug 18, 2008
Visit site
Google calendar

I am trying to use my google calendar on my iphone. I can only add new events for the current day while accessing the calendar on the iphone. Any idea how to add new events to days in the future without having to go to my computer?

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
in response to google calendar

using the web app in the field at the bottom of the page for "quick app"
put in "sept 9 9am dr. appt"
it will automatically move to the correct date (future event)
it will accept "tommorrow" "next saturday" also "monday"...

i use jott for entering calender events also but the are starting to charge for google calender

today i added nueva and it seems to work fine but does not support distinguishing multiple calenders by color yet.