- iMore Beginner
- 59 Posts
Preferred Mac for programmers?
Is there a preferred Mac for programmers?
I have a late-2012 MBP Retina, it's a great computer, still works good, just looking to upgrade. Meanwhile, I'm sort of a programmer in training, I've been doing a lot of stuff with Xcode and making iOS apps. Is there a preferred computer for programmers? I really like the new slim MacBooks, but will it be enough to build apps on? Should I stick with the Pro?
- 08-30-2016, 12:19 PM #2
Re: Preferred Mac for programmers?
If you want laptop I would say MacBook Pro for sure! You might want to wait a few week to a couple months to see if newer models are announced/released with skylake chips, which SHOULD happens if not at the Sept 7th event, soon after. Here's a recent blog on the subject...
Best MacBook | iMore
- By peaksel in forum iPad Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 09-19-2016, 02:28 AM
- By Chris Cook5 in forum iPhone 7Replies: 16Last Post: 09-05-2016, 11:11 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-03-2016, 04:11 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-30-2016, 06:20 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-2016, 10:26 PM