App Idea - Safety Zone

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

I have never done any iOS development, but I have dabbled in BlackBerry development WITH lots of help. I'm more of an idea man who then gets a developer to code the app and we work as a team. In this case I am freely offering this idea since it did not originate from me it was suggested by a coworker. I just thought it was a great idea and I helped to refine it. He too does not need compensation.

Anyways here is our idea, an app for your phone that can detect your location and then automatically do certain things in particular turn off your lock screen. You can use your imagination to add other functionality, but the main goal is to turn off the lock screen when you are at home so you don't have to enter your passcode when you are in a "Safety Zone" You could also set your parents house, the in laws, other relatives, etc, it's up to you what places you want to mark as "Safety Zones" Ok so how would it do this? This is the part I came up with! It would set these zones based on what WiFi network your device is connected to, so when you enter a new WiFi zone, the app will ask if you want to mark it "safe" or not, and thereafter it would know.

We BOTH would pay for such as app, although if you want to give us copies for the idea we would not be opposed. ;) Now I'm not sure if Apple gives you access to the correct APIs etc BUT if they do I think this is a great idea! And maybe it could be a free with 1 zone version and a paid app with multiple zones marketing model? Anyway I leave the ball in your court!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You mean like they have for Android phones? I’m not sure Apple would allow this type of functionality.

Yea I would imagine Android has such an app or you could use tasker to do what I'm suggesting here. What we would want would be a simple app any Apple user could easily use. Tasker is beyond many smartphone users. ;) (although Android might have a simple app too, but we know of no such iOS app) Perhaps you are right and Apple does not allow access to the api(s) you need in order to accomplish such a feat?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Yea I would imagine Android has such an app or you could use tasker to do what I'm suggesting here. What we would want would be a simple app any Apple user could easily use. Tasker is beyond many smartphone users. ;) (although Android might have a simple app too, but we know of no such iOS app) Perhaps you are right and Apple does not allow access to the api(s) you need in order to accomplish such a feat?

Yeah, I'm guessing with Apple Pay on your phone, this would be a no-no.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice