How much does it cost to develop an iPhone application?

Jack Hard

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
How much can a developer charge for an iPhone app like Twitterrific?

I want to know this because I need such an application with the same functionality for a new community website. I can do Ruby but have no experience with Objective-C. So it would be interesting for me if I should start reading books about iPhone programming or outsource the work to a iPhone programmer.

annaharris

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
It depends on you, how you hire them. If you hire them on the hourly basis, then you should pay by hours, if you hire weekly of monthly basis, then you should pay according to that...

KaterinaM

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Noone will anwer you question for sure, as there different schemes of payments and development (time-and-material, fixed price, dedicated team). But I don't think that Twitterrific-like app will be very pricy as the technologies of such app development as well known.

RiseUpGames

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I can't respond for all devs, but a friend last month wanted to get her *very simple* app idea off the ground. It just needed a single page designed + logo and push notifications, something an experienced iOS dev could put together over a weekend.

She was quoted $7-12K USD :/

TaniaQ

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
With an elaborate structural plan for the developer you will be able to save a lot of money. The cost for a software project can easily be misjudged because many things can go wrong. You don't want to spend several thousand dollars just to find out that it is going nowhere. Even simple apps can be quite expensive.

There will always be overlooked bugs or you will have to make adaptions after a new iOS release, you should have some money on the side if something goes wrong.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2