Anyone using iAd?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Any developers here using iAd for in-app advertising? If so, how's it working out for you? I've seen some developers report what looks like insignificant revenue numbers, but I'm wondering if that's general or just specific to their cases.

Anyone tried comparing it to AdMob revenue?

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Any developers here using iAd for in-app advertising? If so, how's it working out for you? I've seen some developers report what looks like insignificant revenue numbers, but I'm wondering if that's general or just specific to their cases.

Anyone tried comparing it to AdMob revenue?

I have made almost $2.00 with iAds from a free app that only has about 500 downloads over about 4 months. :rolleyes: I'm thinking about other ad platforms.
I am looking at adding CoreData, extra customisability and other features to this app and charging in-app upgrade. No one complains about this app, its free so if they don't like it they just uninstall it. I've only had one feedback which was vaguely positive. On the other hand, paid apps, people complain long and hard about functionality they disagree with, which gives you something to work with, weather you agree with them or not.

R.

urkheh

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Depends on the market your app is developed for. For US- iAd is good, as the inventory is larger and it pays better than AdMob. For other counties iAd inventory is much worse and you will discover that the ad is not presented many times preventing you from making a revenue.
I would have started with AdMob as a first platform.

Forsbit

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
It is better use several networks and via mediation (adMob or Mopub). This way you can have ads with higher eCPM served in your app/game