iPhone UIImagePickerController: show camera preview on top of openGl viewport

stratovarius76

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi, i've a question about UIImagePickerController class reference, in photo-camera mode.

I'm developing an OpenGl game. I should add to game photo-camera features: game should open a window (say for example 200x200 pixels, in the middle of screen), that display in real time a preview of photo-camera IN FRONT OF GL VIEWPORT. So photo-camera preview must be in a window of 200x200 in front of our Gl viewport that display game.

I've some questions:
- main problem is that i've difficult to open UIImagePickerController window in front of our Gl viewport (normally UIImagePickerController window covers all iPhone screen);

- which is the better way to capture an image buffer periodically to perform some operations, like face detection (we have library to perform this on a bitmap image) ?

- iPhone can reject such approach? It's possible to have this approach with camera (camera preview window that partially overlap an openGl viewport) ?

- at the end, it's possible to avoid visualization of camera shutter? I'd like to initialize camera without opening sound and shutter visualization.

screenshot image link: w ww.powerwolf.it/temp/UIImagePickerController.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2