Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Elite

2,432 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Default iPhone App icon Resources?

Hi guys,

Just wondering, does anyone know if there is a good resource for FREE icons to be used with apps? Licensing fee / agreement is ok, but I just can't afford to pay $189 to buy a set of icons when I don't know if my company will like them enough to finance them.

Something like this (BUT FREE TO DOWNLOAD):
    eddit: Shop: iPhone UI Icon Set

I've been scouring the web and can't find anything similar to this that's free and suitable for iPhone 4's display. Even checked on deviantart, nothing.

Let me know please! TIA.
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts

Default Mini Icon Sets

You don't have to limit yourself to searching for icons specifically for an iOS interface. Any icon pack will suffice as long as it's dimensions are suitable for the device you're designing for. I usually go with mini icon sets, of which there are many.
    iPhone Newbie

15 Posts

iPhone Newbie

12 Posts

There are some action scripts for Photoshop that can help you better design your icons for your app. These simulate the glow over icons. Might be helpful to you if you want to use images that aren't pre-made just for the iphone.
    iMore Genius

5,041 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,046 Global Posts

This might be useful (from the guys behind the Element theme)...
    iPhone 4 GUI PSD (Retina Display) | Teehan+Lax
    They also have an iPad version:
    iPad GUI PSD Design Template | Teehan+Lax
    iPhone Nanite

5 Posts

You can Google search for relevant keywords, you will know the price of this product

line. This will greatly help you.