Upgrade to OS 4.0 or stay with my current 3.1.3 Jailbroken iPhone 3G?

Dawkins Bull-Terrier

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
If 3G owners wont reap the full benifits of OS 4.0 then is it worth me losing my 3.1.3 jailbreak for it? Wouldnt it be better to just wait for a jailbreak for OS 4.0 or will that be a long time after the OS 4.0 release?
Thanks in advance

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I would stay. Unless you don't care about no camera.

I think he means whether or not to upgrade to 4.0 when it's officially released, not beta.

And, I think if you have a lot of jailbreak apps that you don't wanna go without, then wait until there is a jailbreak solution for 4.0, which probably won't be long after 4.0's release.

If you can go without or you want to experience the new vanilla iPhone OS, then upgrade. :)

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Knowing Apple, they will probably force the upgrades and not allow syncing etc unless the OS is current. Time will tell. But wouldn't put it past them.

Why would they do that? They've never done that. There are some people still running 1.1.4 and 2.2 just out of preference.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Knowing Apple, they will probably force the upgrades and not allow syncing etc unless the OS is current. Time will tell. But wouldn't put it past them.

Are you sure that you "Know Apple" They have not forced anyone to upgrade the OS as of yet and I can not see them doing it with OS 4. Not to mention that the 2G iPhone will not be getting it for free if it gets it at all. As for the OP I would just stay with that you have, the biggest draw is muti-tasking and that is something that the 3G is not going to support.

Dawkins Bull-Terrier

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the replys, there all very helpfull.
OK, so 1. Yes i do mean the official release not beta. 2. I dont sync anyway as when i did i was loosing my installous app (Sorry if this breaks the rules, im not promoting this by any means, only use it for 1 app) 3. I have backgrounder for multi task but rarely need to use this anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim