Creating First iPhone app - LEGAL question

dj_siek

Aug 29, 2009
Visit site
Hey All,

I'm currently creating my first iphone app which allows user generated content that is shared within the app itself and through social media sites.

I have written terms and conditions for the app that users need to agree to prior to signing up and using the app (this occurs within the app itself)

My question is, will apple not like this and prefer me to use their terms and conditions (i'm not sure if iphone devs are covered under apples standard terms.

Because its user generated content, the terms I have written give me the right to use the content within the application etc and to re-publish and share anywhere - as well as other standard terms i.e no gaurantees to delete it from database as people may have saved it or copied it etc.

Hopefully that makes sense, would appreciate any advise.

Thank you

micah

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
I'm no expert, but first I'd say that this is perfectly legal, and I think this is also fine under Apple's ToS for iphone devs. The Facebook app lets you post stuff, and they have their own ToS you need to agree to.

That said, it seems that Apple does whatever it feels like when it comes to approving apps.

dj_siek

Aug 29, 2009
Visit site
good point

HI there,

thanks for your response. Good point re facebook!

Now all I gotta do is find a lawyer who will review the terms and not charge me $1000....

Cheers

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711