Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

6,816 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Arrow iPhone 3.1 Beta 3 or GM?

One of two things are going to happen, either we will see bete 3 pop up in the next two weeks or we will be seeing the GM within the next month.

Just a hunch I have.
    iMore Genius

3,337 Posts

I hope its a GM.

1,287 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,305 Global Posts

I think we'll get at least one more beta (beta 3) on July 28th. They will probably set the expiration on that for longer as they might not need a beta 4. I don't think we'll see the GM / public release until September.
    iPhone Intermediate

129 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

i think we will see the 3.1 update maybe end of august as the 3.0 hardware and OS were released a little earlier than last year. but i also read an article about a hacker finding a critical flaw in SMS that could allow a hacker access to someones phone or something. Apple said the hacker was working with them to patch it and by the time the black hat conference happens end of this month in vegas the flaw would be patched which the 3.1 beta addressed. so who knows.
    iMore Newbie

30 Posts

Might be a little longer if they get a hold of the story over at WIRED about the iPhone security. I wanted to post a link but I dont have enough posts.