Plea to all 3.1 Beta testers
Please test, test, and then re-test 3.1 to make sure everything works. I just got a replacement phone because 3.0 screwed up my WiFi and now my GPS and location services aren't functioning.
3.0 is way to buggy to have been released to the public so I humbly request that 3.1 be tested till it bleeds.
- 07-02-2009, 03:16 PM #2
- 07-02-2009, 03:25 PM #3
- 07-02-2009, 04:01 PM #4
I've had the following:
1. Charge cases not working properly. Confirmed to be on fix list by Apple source.
2. Missing/mismatched icons on home screen
3. MobileMe account spontaneously shifting from .me to .mac
However, in my rush to get my iPhone 3GS up and running, I violated Bad Ash Rule #1 and restored from backup (of my iPhone 3G). So this weekend I will do a clean install and see what, if anything is better.
- 07-02-2009, 04:05 PM #5
- 07-02-2009, 06:59 PM #6
- 07-02-2009, 08:08 PM #7
1. After initial upgrade to 3.0, WiFi would no longer connect to any network. Apple replaced phone.
2. Now I've noticed that my location services no longer are capable of finding me. Google Maps say my "location can not be determined". Same for the Urbanspoon app and any other that uses your location. I don't think my GPS is functioning either.
3. Last night my wife wanted to get on youtube and that app failed to function once she opened it up.
I guess I'll be contacting Apple again and probably getting a new phone again. I won't be upgrading to 3.0 again though.