Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default Another AT&T question

I have read that users on a family plan have better luck with the mms on 3.0
    is this true? My dad wants a cell phone and this is what we are looking into
    TiPb Forum Staff

Global Posts
    1,898 Global Posts

What exactly are you looking for as far as MMS?

It's tough to say anything really about MMS since only those who have developer accounts have the ability, even though AT&T doesn't have MMS support enabled yet.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Newbie

I am on a dev account and 3.0, however just on the standard iPhone plan. (Unlimited texting), I am considering switching and adding my iPhone to a family plan. The Family plan offers MMS, which the iPhone plan does not. I was wondering if this would fix my ability to send MMS
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by djjosh16511 View Post
    I am on a dev account and 3.0, however just on the standard iPhone plan. (Unlimited texting), I am considering switching and adding my iPhone to a family plan. The Family plan offers MMS, which the iPhone plan does not. I was wondering if this would fix my ability to send MMS
    Not necessarily for some it works and for some it doesn't, there seems to be no common denominator. MMS works for me on my family unlimited texting, but there are others on the same plan where it doesn't work at all. It will work for everyone when the software goes live.

Global Posts
    1,305 Global Posts

No go for me. I have a family plan for two iPhones. I never get the you got a picture message SMS, so I think it's b/c I didn't install the hacked carrier file.
    iPhone Newbie

Default MMS and Family Plan

I am on a family plan and my MMS works perfectly! There are times that I will get an error symbol, but I simply hit resend and poof, it works! I love it, MMS on the iPhone is terrific!
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    20,036 Global Posts

It's in the back end. You need 'wap push enabled' as well as the messaging package (not text package). Only way to get this done is to "use another device" and call tech and let them know.

P.S. not customer service, but tech ones; they've already been trained not to add it. You need a valid IMEI.