iPhone 3.0 Beta v4 Tethering w/ AT&T

djjosh16511

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone

The beta 4 is out and I'm loving the smoothness and few bug fixes I've noticed (or technically not noticed)

Anyway, Tethering finally works (With the carrier file that has leaked onto the web). Before on v3 with the carrier file, when Tethering was turned on absolutely nothing would happen anywhere, as if it were turned off. No blue "Internet Tethering" on the iPhone and the computer never recognized it either.

No MMS still, but tethering is now up and working with the carrier file and v4.

I was wondering after loading my yahoo email and a 5 minute AIM conversation how AT&T is charging for tethering right now. Is it safe to use? I don't need any more money to be charged to my bill for this.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
No, tethering is not available yet on the iPhone. All I'm saying is I'm pretty sure in there Terms of Service there is something there about excessive use. So technically they could flag your account and say you have a hacked phone and charge you some fee. If you are just playing around and going to a few websites you should be fine, but if you decided to download HD movie rentals over it that's a different story.

djjosh16511

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
No, tethering is not available yet on the iPhone. All I'm saying is I'm pretty sure in there Terms of Service there is something there about excessive use. So technically they could flag your account and say you have a hacked phone and charge you some fee. If you are just playing around and going to a few websites you should be fine, but if you decided to download HD movie rentals over it that's a different story.

Ahh good point, seeing on how the carrier file the leaked online I'm pretty sure is modded and not officially AT&T's.

I'll play it safe and just use it in absolute emergencies, which I don't see something urgent enough worth risking this.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2