Upgrading existing iPhone to OS 3 Beta 2 - Questions
I'm a new Apple Developer and I've got a couple of questions relating to the upgrade process:
1) Do I need to upgrade to Beta 1 first or can I just use the Beta 2 file on my existing iPhone?
2) After the upgrade, what will remain on the iPhone? Do I need to add back all of my contacts, music, apps, bluetooth connections, networks, wifi, etc.......what will be on the iPhone after the upgrade to OS 3
3) I've registered my UDID with Apple but didn't receive anything back from Apple stating that I did the process correctly - am I good to go once I do the upgrade? Will the phone be activated and working on my AT&T network?
thanks in advance - appreciate any assistance you can provide
- 04-13-2009, 02:32 PM #2
iPhone OS 3.0 Beta 2
1. You can just use the beta2 file, option click in itunes and select the beta 2 firmware.
2. You need to right click your iPhone in itunes and click backup. This is just to be safe.
3. You don't receive any email about the registration of your UDID, Just look at your registered device list to be sure.
- 04-13-2009, 03:26 PM #4
- 04-13-2009, 03:39 PM #5
- 04-13-2009, 03:52 PM #6
- 04-13-2009, 05:36 PM #7
Starting from Scratch
Thanks for all the responses!
Sounds like perhaps I shouldn't attempt to do this at this point. I've got several email accounts on the phone, along with a significant amount of personal settings for bluetooth devices, music, etc.........it would be a large effort on my part to upgrade and start from scratch recreating all of the data and settings on the phone.
- 04-23-2009, 09:24 AM #9
- 04-23-2009, 09:48 AM #10
- 04-23-2009, 10:06 AM #11iPhone Newbie
- 10 Posts
Last edited by M_of_IMAK; 04-23-2009 at 10:08 AM. Reason: add quoted text