Changes in 3.0 beta 2 (from beta 1)
Here is what I've noticed so far.
- Modem firmware has been updated once again, from 04.20.01 to 04.22.01.
- New user agent string:
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/7A259g Safari/525.20Here's the old one, with the only change highlighted.
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/7A238j Safari/525.20
- Skype can still make calls over 3G (this is supposedly a feature/bug of 3.0 OS only).
- The generic "syncing" in iTunes still takes forever.
- Everything feels much smoother and less laggy. Like night and day difference. There will probably still be some more improvement in this area before the full release, but at least it's usable now.
- In beta 1, the up arrow would not be highlighted automatically even when the auto-capitalization was triggered (like when putting in names), which left me always wondering if auto-capitalization was going to affect the next letter I put in. Now, it correctly shows when it's going to capitalize a letter.
- In beta 1, I could not get the app "What's On?" to work. It was impossible to set up a new location. Now, it works fine.
- Google Translate (in Safari) still does not work. I don't know if this has something to do with Safari or what the problem is.
- Despite Apple's insistence in the release notes that MMS should not be used, MMS still works fine (other than being blocked by AT&T).
Last edited by Muero; 03-31-2009 at 08:09 PM. Reason: typo
- 03-31-2009, 08:27 PM #2
- 03-31-2009, 09:47 PM #4
- 04-01-2009, 06:28 AM #5
- 04-01-2009, 08:18 AM #6
- 04-01-2009, 08:27 AM #7
No MMS for me either, 16GB 3G. I think it's the phone because I have the family text plan and I don't get the view my messages SMS. So I think once the phone supports it I will be good to go. I guess I could hack the carrier file, but I don't care enough to screw with that.
- 04-01-2009, 10:46 AM #8
No MMS for me either on Rogers in Canada. Not even the option to add a photo or file in Messages Still awaiting
As for changes since Beta 1. A lot of bugs and sluggish issues have been fixed as well.
Although I am still seeing a significant lag opening up the Messages Icon. Sometimes up to 2.5 seconds. Although it could have been the same in 2.2, Can't quite remember now.
- 04-02-2009, 02:39 AM #9
- 04-02-2009, 02:41 AM #10
- 04-04-2009, 10:34 PM #11
- 04-04-2009, 11:41 PM #12
- 04-05-2009, 11:38 PM #13
- 04-05-2009, 11:39 PM #14
- 04-05-2009, 11:41 PM #15
- 04-13-2009, 02:42 PM #16