I get it! I get why people hate Safari!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I quit using Chrome when I got my MBP because it was always showing up in the battery meter as a battery hog. I believe they have since fixed that (apparently according to updates). I still use Safari though as it's what I'm used to now, and have it setup the way I like it. I also use the Reading List feature a bunch (though on Chrome at work since there is no Safari I use Pocket with an IFTTT recipe to add them)

I've had pinwheel on occasion but not very often, and not enough to make me want to stop using Safari.

Safari is great for casual browsing, once you start trying to do any real work in Safari though, it's useless. So far I'm having much better luck with Chrome, which also has a Reading List.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Safari is great for casual browsing, once you start trying to do any real work in Safari though, it's useless. So far I'm having much better luck with Chrome, which also has a Reading List.

I guess I don't know what "real work in Safari" is? I've had a bunch of browser tabs open, some with posts to read, some with posts to post, etc. Now and then it'll say Safari is a battery hog but not that often. Mostly with a ton of tabs ;)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I guess I don't know what "real work in Safari" is? I've had a bunch of browser tabs open, some with posts to read, some with posts to post, etc. Now and then it'll say Safari is a battery hog but not that often. Mostly with a ton of tabs ;)

For me, it's not even that intensive really. A bunch of text, a program checking said text, trying to attach images and put in links. It's hard to call that "real work," but it is more than casual browsing. Still enough to render Safari useless.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I only used Safari before to login to YouTube and use that feature where I can drag YT videos across the screen. When I learned that I can have different accounts logged in for different Google services, I started using Chrome exclusively. It is also the browser with the most support for add-ons.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I like Safari too , but Chrome's my go-to browser for it's plug-in reliability :).

I do ok with plugins on safari... the only one I miss from Chrome is an extension that measures web media, so if I want to see what size an image is (for a banner, etc.) you can draw a box and it will give dimensions.

But I don't use many, so that could be why ;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods