Are you still using Apple News

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I set it up originally and if I get a notification that looks interesting I'll read it. If I'm proactively looking for news by opening an app it's never the News app though. Honestly, I like how it aggregates several of my news sources but I never remember it's there.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I actually do use it. I don't spend a lot of time with it. I catch the highlights everyday and if something catches my interest I will dive in.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to be more proactive in reading news so I've been using it pretty regularly of late. Before that, I watched the evening news like a Grandpa

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I rarely look at the Apple News app, and have notifications off for it. I get most of my news from a list I created on Twitter that includes 122 news orgs., along with several newsletters I receive via email. I did use Apple News for a while, but it quickly became apparent the app didn't show the stories I wanted to read about. It was "what you see is what you get" and nothing else. So I just don't use it much at all.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I've actually started using it more and more lately. I forgot about it for a while but it really is a great application in that it combines the news I'm more interested in and I don't have to sort through the fluff.

KarmelVixen

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I never once used Apple news. I had actually forgot about it. Maybe I should set it up & give it a try one day when I'm bored.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I use it all the time!! All the news sources I frequent are in one place so there's no need for me to open up separate apps. Plus I haven't had to renew my WSJ subscription in a few months It always reminds me to subscribe but it never stops me from reading the article🤷🏾*♀️

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I set it up originally and if I get a notification that looks interesting I'll read it. If I'm proactively looking for news by opening an app it's never the News app though. Honestly, I like how it aggregates several of my news sources but I never remember it's there.

No surprise but this is pretty much how I use it as well. Like that it's there but don't look unless there's an alert.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm afraid that I don't use it much at all,I did try it at first,but it is a bit too Americacentric (?) for me.
And it really needs a button for" Never show me information from this source again,are you mad !" And another one for "Murdoch Warning !!"

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
It's been out for quite a while but are you still using it? Have you ever used it for any length of time?

Yes I'm still using the Apple news app simply because it's there when I swipe left. It always has a few stories I don't mind reading so it does the job. I usually use twitter for the breaking news type things anyway.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711