Wutttt!? Anyone agree with this? Was just reading that Apple has fallen to 5th place in the 2017 laptop rankings. The rankings for 2017:

1. Lenovo
    2. Asus
    3. Dell
    4. HP
    5. Apple & Acer (shared 5th place)
    04-11-2017 01:28 PM
    Between pricing difference and the removal of the function row, I can see it. People love them some function keys. If the Touch Bar had been added above the function row, it would probably be a different story. Oh, and dongles....nobody likes dongles.
    04-11-2017 01:48 PM
    More people can afford the top 3.
    04-11-2017 03:03 PM
    Lenovo... LOL. I wouldn't touch a Lenovo laptop with a 10 foot pole!
    04-11-2017 05:49 PM
    Wutttt!? Anyone agree with this? Was just reading that Apple has fallen to 5th place in the 2017 laptop rankings. The rankings for 2017:

1. Lenovo
    2. Asus
    3. Dell
    4. HP
    5. Apple & Acer (shared 5th place)
    I'm not surprised. I mean, a lot of people prefer the ability to turn their full-fledged laptop computer into a tablet. The newest MacBook, in the opinions of many, didn't bring anything to the table. Of course, it's a quality and well built machine, but there's isn't a touchscreen or the ability to use the Pencil with it.
    04-11-2017 06:08 PM
    Unfortunately, Apple lost it's romantic shine it used to have, and lowered itself to a phone company, competing and court battling with the likes of Samsung and other Chinese knockoffs. Definitely "Samsung is wrong" with Apple. The whole company is tuned toward iOS. Yes iPhone has been successful so far, but it's the seeds Steve Jobs planted, and current management is just harvesting it.
    Apple once tried to beat Windows and has been successful. Witnessed the proliferation of shiny silver laptop with Apple logo. This was the result of all-out effort by Apple to get the excellent products out. Remember "You are a PC, and I am a Mac" ads? It worked! Also, Apple used to own educational and professional graphic market. Now they are lost while the company is making a mad dash to increase iPhone profit.
    In addition, greedy high pricing everything and milking us has started affecting the market. Look at the soldered RAM socket, for example. What does it mean, really? It means, we won't let you upgrade by yourself. Instead update it by purchasing a new one. No wonder Apple is approaching a $ trillion company. It's all our money.

During this whole time, much maligned M$ is quietly seeping into Mac's heart, offering Surface tablet and iOS Office suite for free. What's going on!

Steve Jobs once said "A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them". And, "We built the Mac for ourselves. We were the group of people who were going to judge whether it was great or not. We weren't going to go out and do market research."

Hockey great Wayne Gretzky once said, and Steve Jobs quoted often "I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been."

Where have Apple we used to know gone? Apple, please, please come back to us. You have made enough money. It's a time to reinvest it. Don't be timid (pun intended). Take a risk and push forward. Now you can.
    Last edited by xanadome; 04-12-2017 at 11:08 PM.
    04-12-2017 10:57 PM
    Those top 4 companies have been offering much more power than the latest refresh of the Macs. Its not about the money, its about the performance. Their more popular computers are priced around the same as Macs, if not cheaper. Those companies make high end computers that people buy because they offer the most performance for the money they're worth.
    04-12-2017 11:02 PM
    No wonder Apple brasses made mea culpa. Unprecedented and embarrassing. I've been buying and using Mac for more than a quarter century. In the last few years, for the first time, I am comfortable looking out of Apple bubble for some attractive products from Apple's competitors. It is unthinkable even myself, but it's happening.

Hey, sometimes, we should be allowed to complain and lament :-)
    04-12-2017 11:22 PM
    I,m not surprised. Apple's last round of MBP's did not impress me. I use my machines for production. As much as Apple touted they designed them for just that, I could not agree with them. I've had the opportunity to try one and found I can be more productive on my 2010 MBP than one with a touch bar. I hope the next time around it is a better design. I still love working from my Apple devices so don't get me wrong. I still think they are a better quality product than the alternatives.
    04-13-2017 10:21 AM