I use Airmail and have been thinking about switching back to stock..
    03-06-2017 06:12 PM
    I use Spark on both iOS and macOS but only use the stock to share with the share sheet. Otherwise I prefer the utility of 3rd party.

For the stock app the best part for me was VIP but I found other features I liked more with other apps.
    03-06-2017 06:15 PM
    I use the stock mail app. I use just about all stock. Save for using pocketcasts for podcasts because it offers me a web interface.

Why do I do it? Hmmm... I can't say for certain. I guess i became one of those "that's the way Apple intended" folks somewhere along the way
    03-06-2017 07:33 PM
    Because it's convenient for me and does what I want it to do. No need to use an other mail client.
    03-06-2017 09:14 PM
    I've tried all the good 3rd party mail apps. I always go back to stock. I like the VIP feature a lot. Email is probably my favorite 3rd party mail app. I use it some. My issue with some 3rd party mail apps is they're hard for me to read. The text is too low contrast.
    03-06-2017 09:32 PM
    I use stock email on my iPhone 5c and my iPad Air but I have an issue where my Hotmail shuts the notifications off on its own every month or so and I have to toggle it on again. No major issue really, but this does not happen with my Gmails.
    03-07-2017 02:16 AM
    I use the stock mail app because we can't set anything else as default.

I use google chrome as my internet browser however that constantly frustrates me that clicking links always opens them in safari because I can't change the default there either
    robertk328 likes this.
    03-07-2017 03:34 AM
    I use stock, because the BlackBerry Hub is not available. Fortunately I have a second phone with it! lol
    03-07-2017 08:09 AM
    I use the stock email as it does everything I need and more. I find it to be a very full featured app.
    03-07-2017 08:47 AM
    Default mail app and Safari have been my best combo for a lack of problems and everything as lean and fast as possible.
    03-07-2017 08:52 AM
    To be fair I'm happy with the stock mail app except it doesn't do push with 1and1 email addresses so I have to fetch every 15 minutes.
    03-07-2017 10:22 AM
    Stock. Search sucks and is slow. But I deal with it.
    03-07-2017 10:37 AM
    For all EAS accounts, I use stock, for IMAP etc, I use respective apps.
    03-07-2017 10:45 AM
    Today my outlook Hotmail required my password again, I forgot to mention it does that about every month also.
    03-07-2017 12:30 PM
    I use the stock app and am content. I've tried the apps for Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail, and am not impressed.
    03-07-2017 01:25 PM
    I use default Mail app for my desktop, and outlook for my iPhone 6s because it pushes gmail. When I used to jailbreak, one of the first things to do was get "push for gmail" from Cydia. Now that outlook pushes gmail, no longer need for JB. But then again, I use an ancient BB Bold 9900 as a primary carry, call forwarded from iPhone, I never miss mail notifications anyway.
    03-07-2017 06:12 PM
    I experiment a great deal with various apps, including mail apps, and typically after a a short period of time, I'd always return to the native Mail app. That has NOT been the case since I've started using the Email by EasilyDo app. I'm a big fan of the Outlook.com (formerly Accompli) app with its built-in calendar, but the Email by EasilyDo app has really impressed me, and I don't see myself returning to the native Mail app until iOS 11 beta is released.
    03-07-2017 07:03 PM
    I use default Mail app for my desktop, and outlook for my iPhone 6s because it pushes gmail. When I used to jailbreak, one of the first things to do was get "push for gmail" from Cydia. Now that outlook pushes gmail, no longer need for JB. But then again, I use an ancient BB Bold 9900 as a primary carry, call forwarded from iPhone, I never miss mail notifications anyway.
    Oops, this is in General Apple discussion forum, not iPhone forum. While I was checking one of the iPhone forums, I noticed this thread in "Trending Now" column.

On desktop, unlike mobile mail apps, I did not find anything particularly interesting to experiment with, except Spark. I tried to use M$ Outlook a few times, for one thing the integrated and switchable PIM (calendar, contacts etc) in one viewing pane. But I never liked the interface of Outlook. Did not think it sync'd well with iCloud (it may have been improved). Default Mail is simple, clean, and always works. It may not be the best one and there might be better 3rd party mail apps, but I used the default one simply because it works, I have been using it for years, integrate well with other Apple apps (such as calendar and Contacts) and see no reason to change it. Simple.
    03-07-2017 07:27 PM
    Do you ever frequent the 9900 forum at CB? If so then I must know you.
    robertk328 likes this.
    03-08-2017 12:49 AM
    I use the stock email for my regular email account because it's convenient. It's not feasible for me to use a third-party app for that email because for some reason, I get these warnings from Yahoo that a sign-in attempt was prevented (really annoying, but it seems people enjoy trying to hack into my account). For one of my work accounts, I use the Outlook Mail app, though.
    03-08-2017 01:25 PM
    Do you ever frequent the 9900 forum at CB? If so then I must know you.
    Yes I do. I lurk there everyday, although I do not post too many times any more. I accumulated much of my post when bixxxxing and mourning the arrival of BB10. I am essentially an iPhone user since its inception (Apple user for over a quarter century), but ever since I accidentally discovered 9780 on loan while my iPhone was gone, I was hooked.
    Bold 9900 strictly for communication efficiency, keyboard shortcut and portability, and iPhone for everything else is ideal to me. And thank you for keeping the "other side" going :-). I am enjoying it.
    Ralph Morgotch likes this.
    03-08-2017 04:56 PM
    I use the stock email for my regular email account because it's convenient. It's not feasible for me to use a third-party app for that email because for some reason, I get these warnings from Yahoo that a sign-in attempt was prevented (really annoying, but it seems people enjoy trying to hack into my account). For one of my work accounts, I use the Outlook Mail app, though.
    Seriously though, you need to get rid of the Yahoo now. There was another 32 million hacks they just got out of yahoo and there was actually an article in Appy-Geek to help people properly delete their Yahoo mail. They had so many problems lately you're probably better off with Gmail or Hotmail.

http://www.businessinsider.com/1-bil...swords-2016-12
    trw1602 and robertk328 like this.
    03-08-2017 05:17 PM
    The stock apps are too limited and too slow. I get a lot of email. I like to action those emails instead of them sitting in my inbox - send to OmniFocus, save to Evernote, make a PDF, and have a custom workflow for auto response emails. You cannot do ANY of this in Apple Mail.

Mail.app is good for looking at your email not managing it. For that I use Airmail. I use Safari for searching from Spotlight but Chrome for everything else.

Depends on what you need.
    03-08-2017 06:02 PM
    Second what Ralph said. Might be a pain to switch if you're doing a lot of personal communication in your Yahoo mail but honestly. It's time to get rid of it. The latest breach should scare you.
    Ralph Morgotch likes this.
    03-08-2017 06:05 PM
    Yes I do. I lurk there everyday, although I do not post too many times any more. I accumulated much of my post when bixxxxing and mourning the arrival of BB10. I am essentially an iPhone user since its inception (Apple user for over a quarter century), but ever since I accidentally discovered 9780 on loan while my iPhone was gone, I was hooked.
    Bold 9900 strictly for communication efficiency, keyboard shortcut and portability, and iPhone for everything else is ideal to me. And thank you for keeping the "other side" going :-). I am enjoying it.
    Pop in and say HI sometimes, tell them I sent you haha, but yeah we would love to hear any experiences good or bad on the 99 so come on over.
    03-08-2017 06:36 PM
30 12