So I switched plans on Rogers, went to the Share Everything plan even though I am the only one on it. Same data, 5GB's but it will be $10 cheaper and now have unlimited calling Canada Wide, and also can set an alert for data useage at any amount I want, pretty cool.

Thanks Rogers....

It also looks like I am offered Spotify free for 6 months. I have been using the free version with limited skips and commercials for a year or so and I can live with it BUT I want to know what they require on the premium version. For example do they want a credit card number like Apple Music does?
    Or do they want that after the 6 months?

Also once the 6 months is over I'm wondering if there are any problems people experienced trying to cancel it, or if it is difficult to eliminate??

Also would joining Premium destroy all the playlists I made?
    02-03-2017 07:02 PM
    Hopefully, members who subscribe to Spotify Premium will reply soon.
    02-03-2017 09:44 PM
    If they handle this similarly to how Sprint does, it is billed onto your account. No credit card information required. It's a billed charge reoccurring every month. Cancellation through Sprint wasn't too tough either.

Hopefully this helps.
    02-03-2017 09:51 PM
    Cool thanks guys, when I have time I'll do some research on it
    02-03-2017 09:56 PM
    Your playlists fall under your account on Spotify. So whether on Premium or free, those won't change.
    02-04-2017 12:04 AM
    If they handle this similarly to how Sprint does, it is billed onto your account. No credit card information required. It's a billed charge reoccurring every month. Cancellation through Sprint wasn't too tough either.

Hopefully this helps.
    Just curious did you have to contact Sprint to cancel Spotify or were you able to do it like right on the Spotify app?
    02-04-2017 12:34 AM
    Your playlists fall under your account on Spotify. So whether on Premium or free, those won't change.
    K
    02-04-2017 12:35 AM
    Just curious did you have to contact Sprint to cancel Spotify or were you able to do it like right on the Spotify app?
    I contacted Sprint for assistance in cancelling.
    02-04-2017 01:48 PM
    OK well I called Rogers and, Ashley from Rogers you're pretty awesome in Sudbury, anyway they set me up with six months of premium and there's no credit card numbers so I'll just get a text message saying when it ends and then it will revert back to the free version.

I also asked about the NHL game centre and I guess I get that for free also so we set that up and I had to install the NHL app and yeah pretty cool. The NHL games live are free as long as I have this plan. As you know Rogers has the rights in Canada to broadcast all the NHL games, so if the game is being held in the US there will be a blackout and I'm not able to watch it, but any Canadian games I'm good to go.
    02-04-2017 06:00 PM
    Can someone explain how listening off-line does not use data? Does this mean in your car or while not connected to wifi???
    02-04-2017 11:50 PM
    Figured it out you have to download the songs from Spotify and what I like is if they don't take any space on the phone.
    02-05-2017 12:35 AM
    Being offline plays only your downloaded content from Spotify.
    02-05-2017 01:04 AM
    Yeah I have the off-line button unchecked or not green, and it still plays in the car for whatever that's worth. I made sure under the cellular settings to turn off Spotify so that I know it's not using any data or anything because I only have five gigs a month.

My car is a 2005 so there was no Wi-Fi or Bluetooth or anything built into the car so I have to use this… But it does go through all the car speakers which is cool.....

02-05-2017 01:09 AM
    If you have a playlist you like make them available offline so that they download. That way when you have offline mode enabled your downloaded content will play without burning through your data.
    02-05-2017 03:28 PM
    If you have a playlist you like make them available offline so that they download. That way when you have offline mode enabled your downloaded content will play without burning through your data.
    It's so cool man. I might actually have to add the $10 a month for this on my cell plan at the end of the six month free trial. I use it with the Bluetooth speakers at home and now the car, I'm covered pretty good.
    02-05-2017 03:55 PM
    Oh and I read a tutorial and it said we can have 3333 songs downloaded like this. That equates to something like 5 days of non stop music
    02-05-2017 03:56 PM
    Not now but have been in the past. It's a good service and being able to save songs locally is a good thing
    02-05-2017 05:21 PM
    I went to play my downloaded songs in my car today without data usage of course, and all my downloaded songs had UNdownloaded themselves .

Is that normal?

So I take it seven days is how long they stay downloaded and after that it just defaults off again
    02-12-2017 03:57 PM
    I went to play my downloaded songs in my car today without data usage of course, and all my downloaded songs had UNdownloaded themselves .

Is that normal?

So I take it seven days is how long they stay downloaded and after that it just defaults off again
    I'm guessing they might do this because of royalties? I'm not 100% sure but other services I used to use that allowed me to download streaming music only allowed me to keep it for a week. This might be normal, you could just set a reminder to redownload it in 6 days.

I use Spotify Premium but I subscribe separately via PayPal.
    02-13-2017 12:02 PM
    I'm guessing they might do this because of royalties? I'm not 100% sure but other services I used to use that allowed me to download streaming music only allowed me to keep it for a week. This might be normal, you could just set a reminder to redownload it in 6 days.

I use Spotify Premium but I subscribe separately via PayPal.
    Well I did some reading and Spotify requires us to GO ONLINE at least once every month to keep the playlists that were downloaded (from what I can tell)

I have only had Spotify Premium for 2 weeks and only the last week I started the downloading to play in the car.

So ya I will just do do it every 6 days and see what happens.

And I will see if I can play the DL songs in the car today..
    02-13-2017 12:07 PM
    Your offline are just that. They are Cached on the device for not connection needed. Think of it as a iPod .....

If you open it once a week the playlists will update if you follow certain ones, weekly, top hits, etc. But Anyone you created and added yourself will not disappear or go away.
    02-13-2017 12:36 PM
    Your offline are just that. They are Cached on the device for not connection needed. Think of it as a iPod .....

If you open it once a week the playlists will update if you follow certain ones, weekly, top hits, etc. But Anyone you created and added yourself will not disappear or go away.
    Never had an iPod . But yeah the songs I downloaded again from my playlists are playing successfully in the car.

I like how I can also save songs to a playlist from a radio station
    02-13-2017 02:52 PM
    I follow a lot of ever changing playlists so once a week they change, but I may have liked some songs from the previous week. Example I follow the discover weekly. Well it will change once a week. So I don't miss the songs i liked, I have a custom playlist called discover. I add songs once a week to it and it keeps getting bigger and bigger. But I will never lose them as my list doesn't not refresh.

Also you have to keep the app open and screen awake for it to download new content or restoring playlists. Normally if I wipe my device I have to restore 3000 songs for offline use.
    02-13-2017 04:15 PM
    How long do you have to trip the toggle between Online and Offline every 6 days and also where do you normally leave it?

If a few seconds enough for it to register that it was Online?
    02-13-2017 08:48 PM
    Well I did some reading and Spotify requires us to GO ONLINE at least once every month to keep the playlists that were downloaded (from what I can tell)

I have only had Spotify Premium for 2 weeks and only the last week I started the downloading to play in the car.

So ya I will just do do it every 6 days and see what happens.

And I will see if I can play the DL songs in the car today..
    It isn't totally related to your post but the thing you have in your car looks cool. Where does it connect? I'm considering something like it for my car, since it is around the same age as yours.
    02-13-2017 10:53 PM
32 12