Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #26  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,500 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anyone use Spotify Premium?

Quote Originally Posted by libra89 View Post
    It isn't totally related to your post but the thing you have in your car looks cool. Where does it connect? I'm considering something like it for my car, since it is around the same age as yours.
    No problem. A friend gave me a Blackberry visor mount Bluetooth speaker and I was suprised it could be used with my iPhone. Model VM-605. There are others like the Jabra visor mount speakers and another friend has one of those as well.

I just go to FM radio on the car, then press the FM button on the visor mounted speaker and it will say something like "go to 88.5 FM," once you do, open Spotify up on the iPhone and click a song, that's it. All of your car speakers are now connected to the Spotify app. Some bass and treble adjustment is necessary as it can sound a little "tinny" in my car but I can get sounding pretty good.
    libra89 likes this.
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #27  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,500 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by libra89 View Post
    It isn't totally related to your post but the thing you have in your car looks cool. Where does it connect? I'm considering something like it for my car, since it is around the same age as yours.
    Side note: someone else I know has a 2013 Toyota tundra truck and he has an iPhone 6, that vehicle has built-in Bluetooth as all new cars do now I'm sure, he hits one button on the steering wheel and it automatically connects to his iPhone and its seamless. He doesn't even have to go into his pocket and play with his iPhone to set it up on the app or anything. Come to think of it I think he just uses the iTunes songs that he bought from Apple to clarify, he doesn't use Spotify. There's no lag it's just instant music and he can use his steering wheel controls to go to the next song. To be honest I haven't even tried that on mine yet I'm not sure if it works with Spotify, I usually just set mine to a longer playlist and let it run so I don't have to mess with the phone when I'm driving.
    libra89 likes this.

Global Posts
    19,842 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... You can change the setting that it only syncs via Wifi vs cellular, So just do it once a week at home. If it updates then it will use your WiFi and not you data.
    Ralph Morgotch likes this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    5,505 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Morgotch View Post
    No problem. A friend gave me a Blackberry visor mount Bluetooth speaker and I was suprised it could be used with my iPhone. Model VM-605. There are others like the Jabra visor mount speakers and another friend has one of those as well.

I just go to FM radio on the car, then press the FM button on the visor mounted speaker and it will say something like "go to 88.5 FM," once you do, open Spotify up on the iPhone and click a song, that's it. All of your car speakers are now connected to the Spotify app. Some bass and treble adjustment is necessary as it can sound a little "tinny" in my car but I can get sounding pretty good.
    You are awesome for this, thanks! I'm going to look into it. I'm guessing that you adjust the bass and treble on your iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Morgotch View Post
    Side note: someone else I know has a 2013 Toyota tundra truck and he has an iPhone 6, that vehicle has built-in Bluetooth as all new cars do now I'm sure, he hits one button on the steering wheel and it automatically connects to his iPhone and its seamless. He doesn't even have to go into his pocket and play with his iPhone to set it up on the app or anything. Come to think of it I think he just uses the iTunes songs that he bought from Apple to clarify, he doesn't use Spotify. There's no lag it's just instant music and he can use his steering wheel controls to go to the next song. To be honest I haven't even tried that on mine yet I'm not sure if it works with Spotify, I usually just set mine to a longer playlist and let it run so I don't have to mess with the phone when I'm driving.
    That sounds awesome.
    Ralph Morgotch likes this.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #30  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,500 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone use Spotify Premium?

No the bass and treble has to be adjusted on your car stereo settings. I mean I guess you could try different equalizers in the Spotify app itself but I just do it on the car. Come to think of that yeah I should try that in the Spotify app there's different equalizer settings and try that instead of trying to adjust the car settings all the time. Ha ha as soon as I turn Spotify off and go back to regular radio the sound blows my ears so yeah might be worth it.
    libra89 likes this.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #31  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,500 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    Well... You can change the setting that it only syncs via Wifi vs cellular, So just do it once a week at home. If it updates then it will use your WiFi and not you data.
    I actually have everything for cellular turned off for Spotify. I just don't want to be surprised with data useage when I take the 3 1/2 hour drive to my hometown.

I'm not sure about that setting but here are some of my settings the way I have it, and by the way I have no idea what CrossFade means.....

libra89 likes this.

Global Posts
    19,842 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New songs will stay in pending until you are on wifi and then they will download. Only thing that will play is your downloaded song. Radio can use data though.

Crossfade is just that. What ever time you have it set to. When song A is finishing it will fade into the next track.
    libra89 and Ralph Morgotch like this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12