One thing I noticed.

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I haven't contributed to this forum in a while, but wanted to share something unusual with my iPad Air 2. This is not a complaint but an observation, and it is not a problem to the point were I could just easily wipe the iPad and start as a new device; I have a leather cover folder for the iPad and it is great because I can use the cover to lock/unlock feature, however I noticed that sometime the ipad screen rotation is stuck in a vertical position. Screen rotation settings is fine, only after a soft reset it goes to normal for a while then it would repeat, you wouldn't believe how annoy that is, only way to alleviate is to turn of cover to lock/unlock will solve this. Not sure if this has been discussed before on the forum and the answer was already there but that was what I noticed. Anyone has this problem?

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello there!

Yeah, good that you mentioned it, I noticed the same issue sometimes with my previous iPad (a mini 2) which I used with smart cover, and yes it only went back to normal after a soft reset too, SOO annooying! you are not alone there! :)

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello there!

Yeah, good that you mentioned it, I noticed the same issue sometimes with my previous iPad (a mini 2) which I used with smart cover, and yes it only went back to normal after a soft reset too, SOO annooying! you are not alone there! :)

I also have an ipad mini 2 as well but does not affect it which it is okay, cover to lock/unlock works like a charm; like I mentioned it is no
big deal for me, there was a ios firmware update not to long ago so I might give it one more try to see if it was just a weird bug. Appreciate the input.

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
is it just because of the smart cover you are using, have you tried using it without the cover?

Just to clarify this is not the official apple smart cover, but rather a leather folder casing it has the MFI on the box; as I mentioned above that since I turned of cover to lock/unlock off, the problem was alleviated. Just wanted to share of anyone has this with other covers, folders, magnetic cases.

DrRobertino

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
I use iPad Air 2 with the official apple Smart Cover and I also experience the same problem about once a week. I'll try the suggestion about the cover lock feature and see if that helps. Thanks

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've got an iPad Air 2 and have had this issue once or twice. A soft reset seems to take care of it. I also had this on my iPad 2 and it is somewhat bothersome!

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I've got an iPad Air 2 and have had this issue once or twice. A soft reset seems to take care of it. I also had this on my iPad 2 and it is somewhat bothersome!

I would love to turn cover to lock/unlock on, since I updated to 10.2.1; I also bought a new speck cover (works with iPad air, air 2 and iPad pro 9.7.) I am going to go at a limb and say it would be no different, however I am glad that it is not just me experiencing this minor technicality.

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I would love to turn cover to lock/unlock on, since I updated to 10.2.1; I also bought a new speck cover (works with iPad air, air 2 and iPad pro 9.7.) I am going to go at a limb and say it would be no different, however I am glad that it is not just me experiencing this minor technicality.

Update, it made no differences and I can live without it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods