...what is the biggest benefit you gain from you?

My Apple devices:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    iPad Pro 12.9
    MacBook Pro
    AppleTV
    Apple Watch 1 Gen

Biggest Benefit?
    The communication between devices. I love that I'm ALWAYS connected. To some, being connected is an annoyance. To me, it means I never miss a notification. I always have at least one of these devices near me so it's great that all notifications go to these devices. The HandOff feature is also a great benefit.

What about you?
    01-22-2017 01:50 PM
    9.7" iPad Pro
    Pencil
    iPhone 7 Plus
    4th Generation TV
    Apple AirPort Extreme
    1st Generation Watch
    MacBook

Ease of use & ecosystem
    Quis89 likes this.
    01-22-2017 02:03 PM
    9.7" iPad Pro
    Pencil
    iPhone 7 Plus
    4th Generation TV
    Apple AirPort Extreme
    1st Generation Watch
    MacBook

Ease of use & ecosystem
    I completely forgot about my Apple Pencil. Guess I should show it more love. Without me being an artist, I sometimes struggle in remembering to use it.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-22-2017 02:48 PM
    I completely forgot about my Apple Pencil. Guess I should show it more love. Without me being an artist, I sometimes struggle in remembering to use it.
    I hear ya. Being that my Pencil is kept atop of my iPad Pro, I can't forget to use it...(laughing)...
    01-22-2017 03:17 PM
    iPhone 6s
    01-22-2017 03:41 PM
    Pressed enter too early!

iPhone 6s
    iPad mini 3
    Apple Watch 1st gen

And in my car an iPod 3rd gen

All computers are Windows PC

TVs have Chromecasts attached to them
    Quis89 likes this.
    01-22-2017 03:42 PM
    Used to have MBA, iPad and iPhone, now it's just iPhone and iPad Pro. I travel nonstop all over the western half of the US, mostly to places where there is no wifi, I synchronize my devices whenever I hit a big town. When home, everything is synced via continuity. Mostly I like that Apple makes everything a no brainer, my devices do what I need, when I need, the way I want.
    01-22-2017 07:36 PM
    So far literally my whole family has iPhones ranging from an iPhone 5 to my wife's 7 plus
    Older MacBook Pro with SSD upgrade
    Apple TV 3rd gen
    Old iPad 3 that my wife uses in her classroom.
    We use a mixture of the Apple TV and chrome casts Apple TV definitely works better with our iPhones. Wanting to eventually get a 4th gen Apple TV and possibly see about ditching cable
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-22-2017 08:01 PM
    ...what is the biggest benefit you gain from you?

My Apple devices:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    iPad Pro 12.9
    MacBook Pro
    AppleTV
    Apple Watch 1 Gen

Biggest Benefit?
    The communication between devices. I love that I'm ALWAYS connected. To some, being connected is an annoyance. To me, it means I never miss a notification. I always have at least one of these devices near me so it's great that all notifications go to these devices. The HandOff feature is also a great benefit.

What about you?
    Honestly when it comes to photo storage Apple sucks. Companies like Google and Amazon offer free unlimited photo storage. I buy iPhones every year and Apple only gives me 5GB and I don't give Google a dime of my money directly.

Google doesn't do this for free. I do give Google money indirectly if I view one of their ads which I don't or when Google drops a cookie. Lot of people don't like how Google tracks you like this. I don't have a problem even a little bit with personalized ads but that's why Google can give you unlimited storage. I don't view them.

I like to try to have everything on one platform and because of photo storage I use Google Photos and so I might as well use the other Google services such as email, calendars etc. Amazon photos looks interesting though.
    Quis89 likes this.
    01-23-2017 04:45 AM
    Not even. I'm fine with just the iPhone.
    Quis89 and aximtreo like this.
    01-23-2017 08:08 AM
    iPhone 7 plus (primary)
    iPhone 6s Plus (backup/testing)
    iPhone 6s
    iPhone 6
    iPhone 6
    iPad Pro 12.9
    Pencil (for 12.9)
    iPad Pro 9.7
    Pencil (for 9.7)
    AirPods
    Powerbeats3
    Watch Sport (testing)
    Watch SS (backup)
    Watch SS S2 (primary)
    10+  Bands
    TV gen 3
    TV gen 3
    Airport Extreme
    Airport Extreme
    Airport Express
    Airport Express
    13" rMBP
    15" rMBP
    Magic Touchpad
    Magic Keyboard

I think thats it, but I am sure I missed something
    Quis89 and Matty like this.
    01-23-2017 09:12 AM
    iPhone 6s
    iPhone 5c (spare the kids use)
    iPhone 5 (test)
    iPad Air 2
    iPad mini (static and mounted to wall for smart home over ride)
    iPad mini (test)
    iPad (original)
    Apple TV 4th Gen (bedroom)
    Apple TV 4th Gen (lounge)
    13" MacBook (2007)
    13" MacBook Air (2015)
    Apple Watch 42mm S2

I'm fully integrated into most services Apple offer as well such as Apple Music and iCloud.
    Quis89 likes this.
    01-23-2017 09:44 AM
    At the moment:

7 Plus
    iPad Air 2
    MacBook Pro 2013
    Apple TV 4th gen at home and office

7 Plus for everyday use. Messaging, Twitter, little dose of media consumption, email, etc.

Air 2 used not as much but primarily for reading news and lots of video consumption.

MacBook Pro for work related stuff.

Apple TV pretty much daily at home since I have no cable subscription. Usually use TV apps with credentials of people I know.

I used to do a lot of iTunes purchasing which has decreased very dramatically in the last couple of years in order to further myself from the ecosystem in case I decide to switch to another platform. I'm curious if anyone else is doing something similar.
    Quis89 likes this.
    01-23-2017 10:05 AM
    iPhone 7 plus (primary)
    iPhone 6s Plus (backup/testing)
    iPhone 6s
    iPhone 6
    iPhone 6
    iPad Pro 12.9
    Pencil (for 12.9)
    iPad Pro 9.7
    Pencil (for 9.7)
    AirPods
    Powerbeats3
    Watch Sport (testing)
    Watch SS (backup)
    Watch SS S2 (primary)
    10+  Bands
    TV gen 3
    TV gen 3
    Airport Extreme
    Airport Extreme
    Airport Express
    Airport Express
    13" rMBP
    15" rMBP
    Magic Touchpad
    Magic Keyboard

I think thats it, but I am sure I missed something
    Yep I knew I forgot something...

iPad mini stuck to fridge for grocery list and family calendar
    01-23-2017 11:06 AM
    Yep I knew I forgot something...

iPad mini stuck to fridge for grocery list and family calendar
    Oh wow. You're definitely invested into the ecosystem, lol.

Question, I'm completely ignorant to the AirPort devices. What advantages do those offer over a standard internet router? A better question might be, would you recommend one to someone who has several Apple devices and why?
    libra89 likes this.
    01-23-2017 11:30 AM
    Honestly when it comes to photo storage Apple sucks. Companies like Google and Amazon offer free unlimited photo storage. I buy iPhones every year and Apple only gives me 5GB and I don't give Google a dime of my money directly.

Google doesn't do this for free. I do give Google money indirectly if I view one of their ads which I don't or when Google drops a cookie. Lot of people don't like how Google tracks you like this. I don't have a problem even a little bit with personalized ads but that's why Google can give you unlimited storage. I don't view them.

I like to try to have everything on one platform and because of photo storage I use Google Photos and so I might as well use the other Google services such as email, calendars etc. Amazon photos looks interesting though.
    I will agree with your point about Apples photo storage. I honestly don't really use iCloud storage for much beyond backups of my iPhone and iPad. I will use iCloud Drive more to transfer documents and things but thats about it. I personally use DropBox for my photos. The only Apple service I use regularly is Apple Music.
    01-23-2017 11:33 AM
    Oh wow. You're definitely invested into the ecosystem, lol.

Question, I'm completely ignorant to the AirPort devices. What advantages do those offer over a standard internet router? A better question might be, would you recommend one to someone who has several Apple devices and why?
    I like the ease of use on them. I setup the main Airport Extreme next to the modem then the second AirPort Extreme is set to extend my network on the main level of the house. The Airport Expresses are being used as network adaptors to connect devices via a wire to my network and as Airplay hubs. I have speakers hooked up to them. I like being able to use the Airport app on my phone to turn on and off the guest network when we have guests over. Using the setup the way I do I have crazy wifi coverage.
    Quis89 and John Yester like this.
    01-23-2017 11:49 AM
    Last November I decided to try an iPhone after I left the Blackberry platform. I bought an Iphone 6Splus, needed an new laptop this year so went ahead and purchsed the 2016 MBP 15", got some Christmas money and bought an apple watch S2. Not an Android fan so I guess this is it for me. I am really enjoying using apple pay and how everything works together across all devices.
    Quis89 and libra89 like this.
    01-23-2017 12:20 PM
    I like the ease of use on them. I setup the main Airport Extreme next to the modem then the second AirPort Extreme is set to extend my network on the main level of the house. The Airport Expresses are being used as network adaptors to connect devices via a wire to my network and as Airplay hubs. I have speakers hooked up to them. I like being able to use the Airport app on my phone to turn on and off the guest network when we have guests over. Using the setup the way I do I have crazy wifi coverage.
    That is awesome. Thanks for that explanation. I may have to look into a similar set up.
    01-23-2017 12:23 PM
    Last November I decided to try an iPhone after I left the Blackberry platform. I bought an Iphone 6Splus, needed an new laptop this year so went ahead and purchsed the 2016 MBP 15", got some Christmas money and bought an apple watch S2. Not an Android fan so I guess this is it for me. I am really enjoying using apple pay and how everything works together across all devices.
    Sounds like an exciting past year! Enjoy your new devices. I, like you, really enjoy the way everything works across the devices. I've got some AirPods on the way and I'm excited with the way they connect across all my iCloud enabled devices.
    01-23-2017 12:25 PM
    I will agree with your point about Apples photo storage. I honestly don't really use iCloud storage for much beyond backups of my iPhone and iPad. I will use iCloud Drive more to transfer documents and things but thats about it. I personally use DropBox for my photos. The only Apple service I use regularly is Apple Music.
    I wouldn't mind a bit if Apple did what Google does and drops a cookie or something to help subsidize photo storage. I would love to be all Apple services. And even use ad revenue to create killer apps like Google's Inbox etc. Apple service apps are stale but work, but Google apps are stellar and work too and they are both free.
    01-23-2017 12:47 PM
    I wouldn't mind a bit if Apple did what Google does and drops a cookie or something to help subsidize photo storage. I would love to be all Apple services. And even use ad revenue to create killer apps like Google's Inbox etc. Apple service apps are stale but work, but Google apps are stellar and work too and they are both free.
    Apple's focus is security and privacy. I'd also imagine the majority of Apple users in the tech crowd prefer that privacy and wouldn't welcome the idea of what you're proposing. The nice thing is that you have the option of using Google services if you choose. I don't see Apple sacrificing privacy to be more like Google anytime soon.
    01-23-2017 02:13 PM
    I'm definitely deeper into the ecosystem than ever. My devices are:

iPhone 6s
    1 MacBook (though I haven't used it in months) and 2 MacBook Pros (one still running Snow Leopard and the other El Capitan)
    iPad mini 2
    iPod touch 5th generation
    iPod classic 160GB

I use my iPhone, iPad, iPod classic and at least one of the MacBook Pros daily or at least weekly, in the case of the iPod. I couldn't live without these devices. I've also been considering getting another iPhone (probably the SE) as a backup for my 6s, although lately, I find myself eyeing the iPhone 7 a lot on eBay. What I get out of the devices is that they just WORK, especially in the case of the MacBook Pros, since I usually use them for work and not just browsing for pleasure. I find I have many more issues with my Windows 7 laptop than any of my Macs.
    Quis89, aze_bite and libra89 like this.
    01-23-2017 02:25 PM
    Apple's focus is security and privacy. I'd also imagine the majority of Apple users in the tech crowd prefer that privacy and wouldn't welcome the idea of what you're proposing. The nice thing is that you have the option of using Google services if you choose. I don't see Apple sacrificing privacy to be more like Google anytime soon.
    My opinion the privacy thing is blown out of proportion.
    01-23-2017 02:40 PM
    I'm definitely deeper into the ecosystem than ever. My devices are:

iPhone 6s
    1 MacBook (though I haven't used it in months) and 2 MacBook Pros (one still running Snow Leopard and the other El Capitan)
    iPad mini 2
    iPod touch 5th generation
    iPod classic 160GB

I use my iPhone, iPad, iPod classic and at least one of the MacBook Pros daily or at least weekly, in the case of the iPod. I couldn't live without these devices. I've also been considering getting another iPhone (probably the SE) as a backup for my 6s, although lately, I find myself eyeing the iPhone 7 a lot on eBay. What I get out of the devices is that they just WORK, especially in the case of the MacBook Pros, since I usually use them for work and not just browsing for pleasure. I find I have many more issues with my Windows 7 laptop than any of my Macs.
    Yep Apple hardware is the best in the market in my opinion. I'm all Apple hardware.
    01-23-2017 02:42 PM
45 12