How Deep Into The EcoSystem Are You And...

macher

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I will agree with your point about Apples photo storage. I honestly don't really use iCloud storage for much beyond backups of my iPhone and iPad. I will use iCloud Drive more to transfer documents and things but thats about it. I personally use DropBox for my photos. The only Apple service I use regularly is Apple Music.

I wouldn't mind a bit if Apple did what Google does and drops a cookie or something to help subsidize photo storage. I would love to be all Apple services. And even use ad revenue to create killer apps like Google's Inbox etc. Apple service apps are stale but work, but Google apps are stellar and work too and they are both free.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't mind a bit if Apple did what Google does and drops a cookie or something to help subsidize photo storage. I would love to be all Apple services. And even use ad revenue to create killer apps like Google's Inbox etc. Apple service apps are stale but work, but Google apps are stellar and work too and they are both free.

Apple's focus is security and privacy. I'd also imagine the majority of Apple users in the tech crowd prefer that privacy and wouldn't welcome the idea of what you're proposing. The nice thing is that you have the option of using Google services if you choose. I don't see Apple sacrificing privacy to be more like Google anytime soon.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm definitely deeper into the ecosystem than ever. My devices are:

iPhone 6s
1 MacBook (though I haven't used it in months) and 2 MacBook Pros (one still running Snow Leopard and the other El Capitan)
iPad mini 2
iPod touch 5th generation
iPod classic 160GB

I use my iPhone, iPad, iPod classic and at least one of the MacBook Pros daily or at least weekly, in the case of the iPod. I couldn't live without these devices. I've also been considering getting another iPhone (probably the SE) as a backup for my 6s, although lately, I find myself eyeing the iPhone 7 a lot on eBay. What I get out of the devices is that they just WORK, especially in the case of the MacBook Pros, since I usually use them for work and not just browsing for pleasure. I find I have many more issues with my Windows 7 laptop than any of my Macs.

macher

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Apple's focus is security and privacy. I'd also imagine the majority of Apple users in the tech crowd prefer that privacy and wouldn't welcome the idea of what you're proposing. The nice thing is that you have the option of using Google services if you choose. I don't see Apple sacrificing privacy to be more like Google anytime soon.

My opinion the privacy thing is blown out of proportion.

macher

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm definitely deeper into the ecosystem than ever. My devices are:

iPhone 6s
1 MacBook (though I haven't used it in months) and 2 MacBook Pros (one still running Snow Leopard and the other El Capitan)
iPad mini 2
iPod touch 5th generation
iPod classic 160GB

I use my iPhone, iPad, iPod classic and at least one of the MacBook Pros daily or at least weekly, in the case of the iPod. I couldn't live without these devices. I've also been considering getting another iPhone (probably the SE) as a backup for my 6s, although lately, I find myself eyeing the iPhone 7 a lot on eBay. What I get out of the devices is that they just WORK, especially in the case of the MacBook Pros, since I usually use them for work and not just browsing for pleasure. I find I have many more issues with my Windows 7 laptop than any of my Macs.

Yep Apple hardware is the best in the market in my opinion. I'm all Apple hardware.

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
We are all in with the following devices:
2 MacBooks
2 iPhones
2 iPad mini 2
An apple Tv

I love the way the devices integrate with one another making for a fairly seamless experience.

alc1575

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Love how integrated and efficient the ecosystem is. What I own and use daily so far:

iPhone 6s
iPad mini
MacBook
Series 1 watch

Will upgrade from Roku to Apple TV sometime this year.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
iMac's 27" and 20"
3 MacBook Pro 13"
iPad 4
iPhone 7 Plus
2 iPhone 6
1 iPhone SE
2 Apple Extreme Base Stations
1 Apple AirPort Express
TV 3
TV 4
Watch Series 1
Apple Superdrive
iPod Classic
iPod Touch

Ease of use is my biggest reason for use. I also prefer Mac apps as the UI tends to be better than with Windows.

Last edited:

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
So far literally my whole family has iPhones ranging from an iPhone 5 to my wife's 7 plus
Older MacBook Pro with SSD upgrade
Apple TV 3rd gen
Old iPad 3 that my wife uses in her classroom.
We use a mixture of the Apple TV and chrome casts Apple TV definitely works better with our iPhones. Wanting to eventually get a 4th gen Apple TV and possibly see about ditching cable

I forgot that my wife got a series 1 Apple Watch a couple of weeks ago. So add that too. I use an android wear right now since I just came from android phones, but will soon be switching to a vivosmart hr that garmin is replacing my original vivosmart with for free due to the screen going out. Android wear is just way to dumbed down to use all the time. At least the vivosmart will keep tabs of my heart rate throughout the day. It will show all the notifications and pretty much do exactly as my lg watch urbane will on iOS.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My wife, 3 kids and myself all have iPhones. We have 2 iPad Mini's and my oldest has a MacBook Air for school. We all use Google services for pretty much everything though. I don't know if I will go any further down the rabbit hole I will go. I will be watching, as always, to see what Apple does this year with Macs, iPads and iPhones.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My devices:
iPhone 7
iPhone SE (backup phone)
iPhone 5S (extra)
iPhone 5 (for parts only)
Apple Watch Nike+
iPad Pro with smart keyboard
Apple Pencil
MacBook Pro 13"
Apple TV

Husband:
iPad Air

Kids:
iPhone 6S
iPhone 6S
iPod Touch 5th gen

It's nice to have most our devices on one ecosystem, especially the kids. We can share content easily and it's easier for mama helpdesk to support everything. I'm not opposed to moving between other devices, but at the moment, Apple products have done well for me and my family -- now if I can just get my husband to switch to iPhone ....

Last edited:

aze_bite

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Ipad pro 9.7
Pencil
Ipad pro keyboard
Ipad air
Ipad 4
Ipod shuffle
Iphone 6s
I phone 5s
Macbook air
Apple watch series 1 sport
Thats all

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
My devices:
iPhone 7
iPhone SE (backup phone)
iPhone 5S (extra)
iPhone 5 (for parts only)
iPad Pro with smart keyboard
Apple Pencil
MacBook Pro 13"
Apple TV

Husband:
iPad Air

Kids:
iPhone 6S
iPhone 6S
iPod Touch 5th gen

It's nice to have most our devices on one ecosystem, especially the kids. We can share content easily and it's easier for mama helpdesk to support everything. I'm not opposed to moving between other devices, but at the moment, Apple products have done well for me and my family -- now if I can just get my husband to switch to iPhone ....

This x1000.
I convinced my whole family to go Apple. Got my parents to get iPhones last year and my mom just got her first Macbook last week. It makes my life easier when everyone is using a device from the Apple eco-system. I'm comfortable with Windows as I worked in a PC environment supporting Windows machines in the past but I much prefer Apple devices.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Me:

iPhone 6s
iPad Air 2
iPod Shuffle (don't use, just keeping for sentimental reasons)

Husband:

iPhone 6
2 - iPad 2's

Mother in-law (I manage her devices so this counts):

iPhone 5c
iPad 2

No Watches or MacBooks, but maybe someday! I love Apple and can't ever imagine having anything else!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 7 plus (primary)
iPhone 6s Plus (backup/testing)
iPhone 6s
iPhone 6
iPhone 6
iPad Air 2
iPad Air
iPad 4th Gen
iPad Pro 12.9
Smart Keyboard
Pencil (for 12.9)
iPad Pro 9.7
Smart Keyboard
Pencil (for 9.7)
iPad mini (On fridge for shared cal and grocery lists)
AirPods
Powerbeats3
Watch Sport (testing)
Watch SS (backup)
Watch SS S2 (primary)
10+  Bands
TV gen 3
TV gen 3
Airport Extreme
Airport Extreme
Airport Express
Airport Express
13" rMBP
15" rMBP
Magic Touchpad
Magic Keyboard
 Lightning Dock
 Watch Dock
2 iPhone 5c's (used as alarm clocks)
iPhone 6 (Jailbroken tester)
iPhone 5s (Jailbroken tester)

List updated ??????

I might need  therapy!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 7 plus (primary)
iPhone 6s Plus (backup/testing)
iPhone 6s
iPhone 6
iPhone 6
iPad Air 2
iPad Air
iPad 4th Gen
iPad Pro 12.9
Smart Keyboard
Pencil (for 12.9)
iPad Pro 9.7
Smart Keyboard
Pencil (for 9.7)
iPad mini (On fridge for shared cal and grocery lists)
AirPods
Powerbeats3
Watch Sport (testing)
Watch SS (backup)
Watch SS S2 (primary)
10+  Bands
TV gen 3
TV gen 3
Airport Extreme
Airport Extreme
Airport Express
Airport Express
13" rMBP
15" rMBP
Magic Touchpad
Magic Keyboard
 Lightning Dock
 Watch Dock
2 iPhone 5c's (used as alarm clocks)
iPhone 6 (Jailbroken tester)
iPhone 5s (Jailbroken tester)

List updated ������

I might need  therapy!

:rotfl:
Now THAT is a list haha

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Haha! I forgot to mention in my previous post that I also still have my old iPhone 4. It's sitting unused in a drawer. I gave my mom my iPhone 5s (which she loves, by the way!).

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Bought one of the first iPads in 2010 when my Microsoft computer was kaput from viruses from LimeWire, never went back to Microsoft ever again never will, yes had Norton and AdAware, Spybot, etc but that was enough for me at that point. (Lime wire also destroyed my new Nokia cell I had at the same time from over 800 songs on it from LW. Since then had an iPad 2 and a couple years ago bought a new iPad air which I still use, still plenty fast.

Besides using a BlackBerry bold 9900, in February 2014 I got my first iPhone, 5C and I'm keeping it running as long as I can it's still fast enough I've got 53 apps on it. And with battery doctor you can manage your space and maximize it no problem. iOS 10 did cause a major jam on the 5C so I actually went and had my electronics place free it up. Had a new battery put into it and I'll continue using it until the updates from Apple stop coming.

I'm not one for buying a new device every year like some people. Here we're locked into two-year contracts and I've surpassed that now by almost a year. For months now I could've gone and signed a two year contract and got a brand-new iPhone SE or 6S FOR FREE but I'm fine on the 5C. Maybe because it was my first iPhone but also maybe because it's working beautifully and quickly still. Also knowing that if I drop it and it shatters I won't scream in agony over it either, that's piece of mind ;)

4514345e5818f25b917564c12d42db0c.jpg
7057bcf0ebd267db261a7a955c38c5f5.jpg

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 6s
iPhone 6
iPad Air 2