Hey Apple people,
    I've seen someone who had a glowing apple logo at the back of their phones. Have you seen that before? I think it's an aftermarket modification. Has anyone tried it? Does it drain the battery fast?

It looks pretty sweet like the lit Macbook apple logo, if it's not too intrusive I might consider doing it...
    Cheers and happy new year.
    12-27-2016 02:52 PM
    There are a few sites that sell the glowing logo kits for all the different phone models. It only lights up when the screen is on and I believe its a electroluminescent logo so the drain should not be great. A word of caution though, it will absolutely void any kind of support or warrantee Apple might give you so do the mod at your own risk.
    Spencerdl and MacProSC like this.
    12-27-2016 03:24 PM
    Try the Everythingappleproc channel on youtube where the guy does a review on the Apple logo mod.
    MacProSC likes this.
    12-27-2016 04:48 PM
    A word of caution though, it will absolutely void any kind of support or warrantee Apple might give you so do the mod at your own risk.
    For sure. I would think that a glowing logo mod would compromise water resistance as well. Not something I'm willing to give up on my 7+.
    Spencerdl and MacProSC like this.
    12-27-2016 04:53 PM
    Thanks, I'll read up on the water resistance, maybe I can buy an adhesive kit to keep it waterproof.
    12-27-2016 09:45 PM
    It does look really cool, I will give you that. But I have also heard that it's not the safest mod. As I understood it, anything that alters what the battery was designed to do can impact safety of that battery (think Note7).
    MacProSC and Spencerdl like this.
    12-28-2016 08:49 AM
    Hey you can ask @theunlockr on twitter he has tried !
    MacProSC likes this.
    01-09-2017 10:57 AM
    I must admit it does look KOOL indeed.
    MacProSC likes this.
    01-09-2017 11:01 AM
    My local mall repair shop does it. For the iPhone 7 it does require soldering. No effect on battery life since it uses barely any power on led. Was thinking of doing it but opted out since I usually use cases that cover the logo anyway. Doesn't effect the water proof since you use the original logo. Just placing led around it. Just the person has to be careful removing seals. You can also purchased replacements.
    MacProSC likes this.
    01-16-2017 10:21 AM
    My local mall repair shop does it. For the iPhone 7 it does require soldering. No effect on battery life since it uses barely any power on led. Was thinking of doing it but opted out since I usually use cases that cover the logo anyway. Doesn't effect the water proof since you use the original logo. Just placing led around it. Just the person has to be careful removing seals. You can also purchase replacements.
    01-16-2017 10:22 AM