Super Mario Run Sucks

se7enthsinn

Dec 16, 2016
Visit site
Any else disappointed with this game? Nintendo finally releases a Mario game on something Non-Nintendo and this is what we get? The game looks great but who wants to play Mario Flappy Bird style. Imaging how much fun it would be if you would have been able to control Mario. Imagine that lol

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I really wish we could control Mario. As it stands now, it's simply another runner that we are being asked to pay more for simply because it's Mario. It's a fun enough game, but the price tag on it seems a big steep. I've had far more fun on far less expensive games.

Dan The Man is a sweet game that offers what could have been a similar Mario experience for a fraction of the cost. Which I gladly paid.

I think Mario is getting a lot of unnecessary hype. If the price drops I'll probably purchase. As of now, I can't justify the $9.99 price tag.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The fact that you need a constant internet connection to play the game is a turn off to me.

Dan_M

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I actually thought it would be a little cool to play when it was first announced. However the long awaited release only made the disappointment even greater. However I see others talking about the game costing $9.99. I actually never saw a price tag in my app store for the game. The necessity of an online connection is ridiculous. I can't even play. It's telling me that I need to find a better connection on both Wi-Fi and 4G. I stream music on both and downloaded the app without any problems on data.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've played the first bit and enjoyed it, undecided about upgrading to the full one yet. Don't want it taking away from my Madden time ;)

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I hear what you guys are saying but I have to say, I'm really enjoying it. As someone who remembers playing the original MARIO, I find it super nostalgic but somehow fresh and new at the same time. Even the side scrolling is reminiscent of the original MARIO. I do wish I could stop moving at times, but I look at that as another challenge to the game. The only bummer to me is the constant data connection bit since I fly for business a lot. Otherwise I have unlimited data and wi-if at home so no biggie. The more I've played it, the more I've liked it

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I really wish we could control Mario. As it stands now, it's simply another runner that we are being asked to pay more for simply because it's Mario. It's a fun enough game, but the price tag on it seems a big steep. I've had far more fun on far less expensive games.

Dan The Man is a sweet game that offers what could have been a similar Mario experience for a fraction of the cost. Which I gladly paid.

I think Mario is getting a lot of unnecessary hype. If the price drops I'll probably purchase. As of now, I can't justify the $9.99 price tag.

Thanks for the tip about Dan The Man! I had never heard of it before. Really cool game, particularly on Apple TV with a game controller.

Edit: Scratch that... after purchasing the premium upgrade to remove ads and linking the game profile to Apple TV version, the game is now broken and will not load at all. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip about Dan The Man! I had never heard of it before. Really cool game, particularly on Apple TV with a game controller.

Edit: Scratch that... after purchasing the premium upgrade to remove ads and linking the game profile to Apple TV version, the game is now broken and will not load at all. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Sorry to hear that! I have never played it on an Apple TV. Sounds like a no brainer. The game would probably be really sweet there. I've beaten the game and unlocked hard mode. Maybe I'll try it out and see if I have similar issues.

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Well, reading this I think Nintendo is doing a great job in the marketing department then, very reasonable points you all are giving

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I actually thought it would be a little cool to play when it was first announced. However the long awaited release only made the disappointment even greater. However I see others talking about the game costing $9.99. I actually never saw a price tag in my app store for the game. The necessity of an online connection is ridiculous. I can't even play. It's telling me that I need to find a better connection on both Wi-Fi and 4G. I stream music on both and downloaded the app without any problems on data.

They did say it was going to be $9.99 when they announced it but I don't think they mentioned it as an in-app purchase. One of the downfalls of this is that there isn't Family Sharing with the IAP which I'm sure is a big reason why they made it that way.

Dan_M

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
They did say it was going to be $9.99 when they announced it but I don't think they mentioned it as an in-app purchase. One of the downfalls of this is that there isn't Family Sharing with the IAP which I'm sure is a big reason why they made it that way.

Hahaha now that's just greedy

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Hahaha now that's just greedy

That's one way of looking at it. Nintendo does want to make the most money they possibly can, after all. So I don't blame them too much for it. Another reason that can be used is that it allows less pirating of the game. At the end of the day people will buy it, won't buy it, and have their reasons for either/or.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Exactly. Had it been $9.99 for the app with no IAP, it could have been shared in Family Sharing with just one charge of $9.99.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Any else disappointed with this game? Nintendo finally releases a Mario game on something Non-Nintendo and this is what we get? The game looks great but who wants to play Mario Flappy Bird style. Imaging how much fun it would be if you would have been able to control Mario. Imagine that lol

Firstly, A very warm Welcome to iMore.

It's unfortunate that your first post is complaining about something haha. I do level with you partially. It would be nice to control Mario and be able to go backwards (like the original) but in most endless runner games, the whole point is to go forward and it you miss things... thats the point. :)

So I'm sort of OK with it.. 50 / 50 at this point. Its still a fantastic game and its tons of FUN!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods