Is there any way to increase the size of the text on the lock screen notifications when they pop up? (Also the Banners notifs at the top of the page) I've increased the size of the text under display and brightness but it does nothing for the lock screen notifications/banners it seems. With contact lenses it's really hard to read it now. Just curious...
    12-14-2016 04:10 AM
    I don't think you can change the text size, but you can use bold text and that will show up in notifications. You can give that a try to see if it helps see your messages.
    12-14-2016 08:33 AM
    I don't think you can change the text size, but you can use bold text and that will show up in notifications. You can give that a try to see if it helps see your messages.
    Ok, I do have the bold set.

But here is what I mean.....

12-14-2016 10:30 AM
    The text looks pretty large to me in that screen shot. You want it larger than that?
    12-14-2016 12:08 PM
    Does changing text size in Accessibility help any?
    12-14-2016 01:00 PM
    The text looks pretty large to me in that screen shot. You want it larger than that?
    The first one, the message on the top is how every notification looked before. Compared to the bottom one… Why are they different! I find that bottom line quite small when I have contacts in I have to hold it at arms length read it. Not all of us are 20 anymore.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    12-14-2016 04:10 PM
    Does changing text size in Accessibility help any?
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...dc798017d5.png
    Yeah I tried that it doesn't affect that I've noticed.

But it seems that tweet notifications from my news sites are large and others are small. So I just find that strange. It also doesn't make sense that the notifs are a mix of big and small...

I can't be the only one to notice this? I get a lot of notifications from Twitter with 17,000 followers so I notice right away if something is weird.
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 12-14-2016 at 04:29 PM.
    12-14-2016 04:12 PM
    Oh and the other thing I noticed is that in Facebook if you posted a status you can't edit any mistakes it won't let you now, but they'll probably fix that
    12-14-2016 09:46 PM
    Oh and the other thing I noticed is that in Facebook if you posted a status you can't edit any mistakes it won't let you now, but they'll probably fix that
    That would be a Facebook issue, not an iOS issue.
    12-15-2016 07:25 AM
    I don't see anyone else with this problem. I'm still on 10.1.1. But you might try Reset All Settings.
    Reset All Settings
    Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
    This fixes a lot of issues.
    Ecm and Sherry_B like this.
    12-15-2016 07:28 AM
    I don't see anyone else with this problem. I'm still on 10.1.1. But you might try Reset All Settings.
    Reset All Settings
    Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
    This fixes a lot of issues.
    Thanks. But update to 10.2 it is available OTA now and see if you experience this.
    12-15-2016 10:00 AM
    Worked before 10.2, worked in 10.2, and still working fine in 10.2 beta. Try either hard resetting or reinstalling Facebook.
    Last edited by Sherry_B; 12-16-2016 at 04:03 AM.
    12-16-2016 03:22 AM
    Worked before 10.2, worked in 10.2, and still working fine in 10.2 beta. Try either hard resetting or reinstalling Facebook.
    Will do. Also why does Facebook always have to have these massive 150 MB updates every week and for messenger also it really starts to bog down an iPhone, especially an older one
    12-16-2016 04:48 PM
    On second though I think I will wait until after the holidays to reinstall Facebook. The last time I did this I had to go get my iPhone unjammed at an electronics repair place. FB really seems to bog down the older iPhone 5C. True since iOS 10.1.1 and now 10.2 it has been faster and better, I just don't want to risk it right now.
    12-16-2016 04:55 PM
    On second though I think I will wait until after the holidays to reinstall Facebook. The last time I did this I had to go get my iPhone unjammed at an electronics repair place. FB really seems to bog down the older iPhone 5C. True since iOS 10.1.1 and now 10.2 it has been faster and better, I just don't want to risk it right now.
    Sounds like Santa needs to bring you a new iPhone. Hoping he sends one your way.
    12-16-2016 05:38 PM
    Haha don't want one yet although I could get a 6S or an SE for $0 right now. I just pu t a new battery in the 5C this fall and am just going to run it flat out now until it can't be used anymore.

If it does jam again I am not going to bother repairing it, although I attribute that jam to ios10, but the last 2 updates were perfect and made it faster.

Just got a new 5G wifi/router and am clocking a decent 8 mbps speed off wifi. More than enough....
    12-16-2016 05:53 PM
    I'm happy using this still....Ios10.2 lock screen notifs TINY now-image1481932885.511365.jpg
    12-16-2016 06:01 PM
    Haha don't want one yet although I could get a 6S or an SE for $0 right now. I just pu t a new battery in the 5C this fall and am just going to run it flat out now until it can't be used anymore.

If it does jam again I am not going to bother repairing it, although I attribute that jam to ios10, but the last 2 updates were perfect and made it faster.

Just got a new 5G wifi/router and am clocking a decent 8 mbps speed off wifi. More than enough....
    Only 8mbps? We're getting a tad over 50 mbps, which is a little slow for us. But it is also wifi, which technically has more to do with an internet service provider and not a cell carrier.
    12-17-2016 05:25 AM
    My Facebook app is letting me edit now.

And we pay way too much here for Internet. My LTE is around 25 Mbps which is pretty blazing fast as it is.
    12-17-2016 11:38 AM
    Will do. Also why does Facebook always have to have these massive 150 MB updates every week and for messenger also it really starts to bog down an iPhone, especially an older one
    If your Facebook app caches too much, just sign out, then sign back in.
    Ralph Morgotch likes this.
    12-17-2016 01:43 PM
    The first one, the message on the top is how every notification looked before. Compared to the bottom one… Why are they different! I find that bottom line quite small when I have contacts in I have to hold it at arms length read it. Not all of us are 20 anymore.
    Probably different depending on the source. Twitter and Facebook may not offer the same size font. So they would not look the same. I haven't noticed this. I'll watch it and see what it does.
    They all look the same on the notification center.
    Did you try Reset All Settings as suggested above?
    12-17-2016 01:46 PM
    Probably different depending on the source. Twitter and Facebook may not offer the same size font. So they would not look the same. I haven't noticed this. I'll watch it and see what it does.
    They all look the same on the notification center.
    Did you try Reset All Settings as suggested above?
    Even with iOS 10.1.1 all the notifs were the same, twitter, Facebook, text alerts SMS from Twitter and everything.

It's 10.2.

The iPad Air has all the notifs the same size and still large.

It's not a massive major life or death issue so right now before holidays I don't want to have to re-enter all my wifi location PW's. I'm willing to bet the next update will address this.
    12-17-2016 02:08 PM
    As for the network settings and re-setting then, 2 days ago Sasktel brought me a brand new 5G "Pace" router/modem/wifi and everything was changed including passwords, name of wifi to connect to, everything. Entire new system.
    12-17-2016 02:10 PM