iMac 2008 / possible 2 step authentication wake up or log in??

lawful73

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello friends, I need to know if it is possible to set up 2 steps verification when someone try to wake up or login in on a iMac 2008 and having iPhone or Apple Watch functioning as and authenticator?? Thank you in advance.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello friends, I need to know if it is possible to set up 2 steps verification when someone try to wake up or login in on a iMac 2008 and having iPhone or Apple Watch functioning as and authenticator?? Thank you in advance.

You need an iMac newer than that to wake with the phone as it doesn't have the right bluetooth. My 2011 Mac Mini wouldn't do it either.

lawful73

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
You need an iMac newer than that to wake with the phone as it doesn't have the right bluetooth. My 2011 Mac Mini wouldn't do it either.

Yes I know that, but I don't mean unlocked by Bluetooth, I mean 2 step verification. Could be with Automator or other app.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes I know that, but I don't mean unlocked by Bluetooth, I mean 2 step verification. Could be with Automator or other app.
OK, you confused me talking about unlocking with the watch on a device that doesn't work with that. Are you saying you want to unlock your 2008 Mac by typing in your password and then having your watch or phone act as a second step to get into the computer?

lawful73

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
OK, you confused me talking about unlocking with the watch on a device that doesn't work with that. Are you saying you want to unlock your 2008 Mac by typing in your password and then having your watch or phone act as a second step to get into the computer?

That's it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox