Why haven't you switched to Android?

Mick Symons

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
What keeps you tethered to Apple? Have you thought about switching to Android, but just can't take the plunge?

Maybe you have a full Apple ecosystem and switching to Android would ruin your flow? Maybe Android's intimidating?

I've switched back and forth over the years, and even though iPhone is fun, something always keeps me going back to Android (and my first smartphone was the iPhone 5).

Let me know your thoughts!

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, I am platform agnostic, and currently running a windows phone along side the iPhone 6s+. In my opinion Apple has the most solid OS on devices, and computers.

I have not found anything worthy in the Android world to cling to at the moment. I may look at Xiaomi or One Plus in the new year.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm one of the numerous people who have tried almost every Smartphone OS over the years. When I was using Android devices, I enjoyed them, and the same goes for the others, especially Blackberry. Now that I'm using iOS, I don't have any reasons to move to something else at this time. When iOS and the iPhone no longer suits my needs, I'll move on, but until then, I'm going to keep enjoying both...��

Mick Symons

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I felt the same for quite a while. I switched back to the iPhone 7 and really had no reason to go back to Android until the iPhone 7 became buggy and the Home button stopped working properly.

Mick Symons

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
OnePlus makes excellent phones. I'm presently using the Nexus 6P, which is easily the best phone I've ever used. But now and then I miss the light-heartedness of iOS (especially easily sending GIFs and stickers).

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I was an Android user since 2008. Used Android exclusively for years. When the iPhone 4s released in 2011 I began bouncing back and forth. I enjoyed the iPhone but it didn't offer enough for me to use it exclusively. And I was having fun rooting and tinkering with my Android. Then the iPhone 5 released and I began using iOS more and more. The shift was starting. But I couldn't completely make the switch. I liked the 5...but I LOVED the 5S. Probably my favorite iPhone. But even that couldn't get me to switch. Then they increased the screen size again with the iPhone 6. From that point on I haven't looked back. iOS 9 and the iPhone 6 encouraged me to make the switch. Currently using the 7 Plus on iOS 10 and I have no desire to move to Android. It does everything I need it to do and I don't have the time to tinker as much as I used to. There are definitely features I wish Apple would bring which I've discussed a million times before. But I'm fine with the current state of things. And I've convinced my entire family to move to iPhones. So iMessage is a huge advantage. And I'm invested in the eco-system (Apple Watch, iPad, Apple TV)

Although the Pixel has started to interest me....:smile:

Mick Symons

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
That's what swayed me back in the Android direction. Though folks say the Pixel is the "iPhone of Android", so that may be why. That being said, it may be the grand unifier that quashes the Marvel vs. DC-esque rivalry.

Though we know that'll never end :p

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Simply because I can't find an Android phone as convenient as the iPhone SE. My Samsung Galaxy 6s Edge was too big and battery performance was poor.

alphatectz

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
I tried android a long time ago. Had an incredible for Verizon. Lasted me 5 hours. Ended up throwing it at a wall then went back to an iPhone.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, I am platform agnostic, and currently running a windows phone along side the iPhone 6s+. In my opinion Apple has the most solid OS on devices, and computers.

I have not found anything worthy in the Android world to cling to at the moment. I may look at Xiaomi or One Plus in the new year.

Same here. I run a Lumia 650 and 6s+. If I were to switch, it would be to WP full time and not Android. Been there done that and moved on

Mick Symons

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
What would make you switch to WP? I've had to use Windows phones in my work and hated every minute of it. Do you use PC or Mac?

Mick Symons

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Why? Do you have an Apple ecosystem that would be upset by the switch? Or you just have no reason to leave and therefore don't bother considering the options?

Not trying to get you to switch, just honestly curious.

alphatectz

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
Why? Do you have an Apple ecosystem that would be upset by the switch? Or you just have no reason to leave and therefore don't bother considering the options?

Not trying to get you to switch, just honestly curious.

I basically started off with a Nextel, blackberry and then once the iPhone was released to at&t I made the switch fast then went over to Verizon. I wanted to try out a different OS, but unfortunately when I got the incredible for Verizon. (Got it as a gift) I couldn't stand the OS. I am so use to apple and I love there products. So I'm happy with my iPhone and all mac products that I own.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm one of the numerous people who have tried almost every Smartphone OS over the years. When I was using Android devices, I enjoyed them, and the same goes for the others, especially Blackberry. Now that I'm using iOS, I don't have any reasons to move to something else at this time. When iOS and the iPhone no longer suits my needs, I'll move on, but until then, I'm going to keep enjoying both...��

EXACTLY. Well said/written. My sentiments....EXACTLY.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I have owned 4 Android devices. When using my last one, the Moto X, I realized I kept trying to make my Android device perform and look like an iPhone. I didn't use widgets or any of the extra things built into Android. I grew tired and bored of customizing my devices. I just want my device to work out of the box. In addition fragmentation, disjointed UI, finiky battery life, and lower quality apps are all real problems with Android. I grew tired of dealing with all these things.

I don't have to deal with any of that from my iPhone. I open the box and it works.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW