What are the main reasons why you chose IOS and not android?

Tre Lawrence

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
What I do like most about the iOs is its' simplicity and lag free usability. I updated my old iPhone 4s to iOS 9... and it's working very good. I don't think it's a good idea too update android kitkat to Marshmallows.

I'd actually say updating to marshmallow is invaluable. Mostly.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Had Apple computers and thought those were the best, so when the iPhone came out, that's what I bought. Had looked at other "smartphones" at the time as I was using PDAs already but the Apple logo sucked me in :)

Very happy with my choice!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I tried them all, lol. I had Blackberry, Motorola Droids, Samsung... but in the end I need to be able to rely on my devices. I had countless issues with Android, mostly around the software updates which messed up everything, I'm always on the go, I drive all over the western half of the US, hike, backpack, teach outdoor stuff, guided trips, do trail reports, animal and plant studies, I need a solid device with a solid OS that won't go splat at the worst moment.

Apple makes it so easy for me, i have the tech know how of a potato and everything is intuitive, clear, uncluttered and speedy.

I have zero reason to go back to Android.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I had a blackberry phone and bought an early android tablet. I was frustrated with the lack of available apps for blackberry and the little it could do in comparison to iPhone. I was still under contract so bought the android tablet.

I then bought myself an iPhone and ran iOS and android together. iOS outstripped android in every department making it my personal preference

hudss

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I like certain features of Android. The personalization and that Google doesn't control what you can/can't install. However, I just don't find it to be user friendly and always seems too run like a beta OS.

macher

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I use it due to the fact I'm fully invested in the  environment. Plus the fact since iOS was introduced I have never had any issues with it.

You don't have to be invested in the ecosystem. That's why I do cross platform. Most if not all my stuff is Google apps and backed up in Google. For me Google is more universal and easily accessible. I never log into iCloud when I'm on a desk top. All my communication is email is gmail.

macher

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I tried them all, lol. I had Blackberry, Motorola Droids, Samsung... but in the end I need to be able to rely on my devices. I had countless issues with Android, mostly around the software updates which messed up everything, I'm always on the go, I drive all over the western half of the US, hike, backpack, teach outdoor stuff, guided trips, do trail reports, animal and plant studies, I need a solid device with a solid OS that won't go splat at the worst moment.

Apple makes it so easy for me, i have the tech know how of a potato and everything is intuitive, clear, uncluttered and speedy.

I have zero reason to go back to Android.

The Pixel looks interesting and looks to be the iPhone of Android. You'll get the updates.

macher

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
1. Best hardware

2. High quality apps that for the most part run buttery smooth. I look at other people's apps on Android and have played around and often times they don't look crisp like the iPhone. Also apps on Android seem to be not 'created equal'. A co worker has a LG V20 and his Facebook app looks and feels clunky even on a huge screen.

3. Stability

4. Customer service at local Apple Stores. Couple times had some issues with iPhone and they just replaced it on the spot.

I do have to admit that the Pixel has the potential to sway me to the Pixel not any other Android device but just not now. I'm comfortable with the iPhone. Give me an iPhone with it's hardware and iOS and buttery smooth apps and app selection with Google baked right in and you have me as an iPhone customer for life.

Last edited:

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
For me the main reason is: don't be spying on by Google. Ok, I know what some fanboys will say, "you're crazy if you think Apple do not spy on you as well". And maybe they will be correct. But, at least, Apple swears and act like it do care about my privacy, something Google never did, don't do and won't never do.

macher

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
For me the main reason is: don't be spying on by Google. Ok, I know what some fanboys will say, "you're crazy if you think Apple do not spy on you as well". And maybe they will be correct. But, at least, Apple swears and act like it do care about my privacy, something Google never did, don't do and won't never do.

Well Google wouldn't be the search engine it is and their other services if it wasn't for them monitoring how you search. It depends what you mean by spying.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
originally i used ipods and it was an i wanted to combine an ipod with other devices to only have one device. I used to like the look of the interface more too. Now i honestly don't care. The differences between iphones and other phones now are not important enough to me so i could go whatever way with my next phone.

fourthbase

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I like the fact all of my devices are made by Apple because of the obvious advantages that brings (media, apps, notes all sync together) and because I've always found Android devices to be too clunky. I like simplicity and Apple achieves that without compromising the software.

macher

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I like the fact all of my devices are made by Apple because of the obvious advantages that brings (media, apps, notes all sync together) and because I've always found Android devices to be too clunky. I like simplicity and Apple achieves that without compromising the software.

I think people get mixed up with hardware software and apps. The OS isn't the apps. Google apps on the iPhone work very well.

fourthbase

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I think people get mixed up with hardware software and apps. The OS isn't the apps. Google apps on the iPhone work very well.

True and obviously chrome synced across iOS / Android would work fine but I like being able to sync media from iTunes to my mobile devices over wifi. Notes are synced automatically. The messages on my phone appear on my MacBook. I'm sure there are way of achieving this with Android but Apple just make everything so simple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR