If you could, what would you change in your iPhone?

macher

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: If you will be able, what would you change in your iphone?

I know i probably could mention, Apple won't lie it, but a better screen only and no other performance tweaks whatsoever...

Basically, an iPhone with a better Retina screen as the *only* difference... Kinda blunt, and i dounno if there's market for it, but i'd still get it...

A feature is a feature

I watched a video and it explained the iPhones LCD screen and compared color to other devices. Actually the iPhone screen although LCD gives the user more realistic color versus images being 'punchy' and / saturated. In other words the iPhone screen is actually pretty good because they way it uses color.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Multitasking is when you can perform 2 apps at once at the same time. What the iPhone and iPad has isn't multitasking. You either can multitask or you can't. Split view is not multitasking.

That makes zero sense. How is Split View not multitasking? There are literally two apps on the screen at the same time. Did you click the link I posted?

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
That makes zero sense. How is Split View not multitasking? There are literally two apps on the screen at the same time. Did you click the link I posted?

He means split view alone is not the definition of multitasking I believe. As the iPhone does multitask but you're looking for the specific split view feature which is a single feature of those that fall under what is defined as multitasking

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Am new to the iPhone. From Samsung and Abdroid. I just wish could have more freedom like in Android. Getting used to it though
iOS is awesome. The 7 plus is great

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to be able to set chrome as my default browser.

I'd like a battery that lasts me a day without a top up somewhere in the day.

Other than that I wish I'd bought the larger storage version as my 16GB which sufficed fine on my 4, 4s and 5s is really struggling now in terms of free space

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
iPhone multitasking can only be done across Apple specific apps in a few instances and those are rare. Example, I am listening to music right now on my iPhone while typing this post on my iPhone. However, if pulled the YouTube video, I couldn't play it in the background while typing as it would pause. Every other OS allows that pretty much. Some say it's no issue but you don't what you've got til it's gone.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
iPhone multitasking can only be done across Apple specific apps in a few instances and those are rare. Example, I am listening to music right now on my iPhone while typing this post on my iPhone. However, if pulled the YouTube video, I couldn't play it in the background while typing as it would pause. Every other OS allows that pretty much. Some say it's no issue but you don't what you've got til it's gone.

YouTube doesn't allow it because they have a subscription service to get that feature. But I can listen to other apps such as Netflix in the the background.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hmm what I would change: A clear all for the back ground apps. Notification light would be nice at times when I don't have my watch (Possiblly a low lit LED ring around the home button). Also a dimmer brightness and keyboard sound to have its own volume control.

macher

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
YouTube doesn't allow it because they have a subscription service to get that feature. But I can listen to other apps such as Netflix in the the background.

On the Pixel you can have 2 apps opened on the same screen running at the same time.

In other words you can watch or listen to YouTube and make a post to this forum at the same time on the same screen. That's true multitasking. I hope the iPhone gets it. I find it very useful and would use it a lot.

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site

Or maybe it's just another example unwilling to play nice with anything related to Google or vice versa. Like no Gmail PUSH in native iPhone email, need the "Gmail App" for that...

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Or maybe it's just another example unwilling to play nice with anything related to Google or vice versa. Like no Gmail PUSH in native iPhone email, need the "Gmail App" for that...

I mean the YouTube app used to do it for me then they launched YouTube red and it stopped working.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
On the Pixel you can have 2 apps opened on the same screen running at the same time.

In other words you can watch or listen to YouTube and make a post to this forum at the same time on the same screen. That's true multitasking. I hope the iPhone gets it. I find it very useful and would use it a lot.

That's not by definition what multitasking is. It's a feature that utilizes multitasking but not "true" multitasking. Apps not exiting in the background and continuing to run as you switch between is true multitasking.

That being said I agree and really hope they implement those features.

macher

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

The Gmail app works great as well as Google's Inbox app. Google apps work excellent on iOS.

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
The Gmail app works great as well as Google's Inbox app. Google apps work excellent on iOS.

Totally understand that. Not my point. Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL, you pick one and they allow PUSH email in the native iOS mail app.

Gmail, however requires the actual Gmail app to get PUSH working correctly. It's about whether you like it or not, or if it works, the fact is you don't need to do it for other email hosts. I have Outlook, 2 Yahoo, 2 Gmails. In the native app I get Outlook and 2 Yahoo accounts to push. For Gmail I have to Fetch. That's my point. Or I could use the app, but was merely pointing out that they don't play nice in the NATIVE APP. I'd like PUSH Gmail in the native app.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Bigger battery, night vision camera lenses so you can see at night before the flash goes of, lighter phone (my note3 felt lighter than my 6S does)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro