Tax SeasonCBC SecureDrop 'Piece of crap': Apple hit with proposed class action lawsuits over iPhone

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Sooo....

About two weeks ago, my older sibling began complaining about his iPhone 6+ not repsonding to his tough.

Me, being the "Go to the Apple Store, they'll tak care of you!", guy that I am told his to go into the Grand Central Station store and see what the deal is.

Quick background on me? Everytime, during the past 5 years or so, I've ever had a probelm w/ a product I go to the store, no appt. Just walk in, say 'My problem is..." they give me a quick appt and BAM! Problem solved!

The last issue was a iPhone 6 battery that hadn't quit just yet, but the genius bar person could see that it would probably not last much longer. He replace my phone on the spot. Even though I had gone past the 1year warranty. Just replaced it. No out-of-pocket costs.

Soooo... Where was I...?

Sibling goes into the store... They tell him the touch screen isn't responding, 1 year warranty has passed. It will cost $180 in store to have them fix it. He's had the phone 15 mos. I told him that he should speak with a mgr as I didn;t thiunk that was fair.

No dice...

Just today, there's the headline: New iPhone 6 'Touch Disease' Class Action Lawsuits Filed against Apple in Canada is a Troublesome Trend

Actual link can be found here...

New iPhone 6 'Touch Disease' Class Action Lawsuits Filed against Apple in Canada is a Troublesome Trend - Patently Apple

Have any of you hear heard from someone you know that their 6 or 6+ has stopped working and did they try to resolve it w. APPL?

I think if Apple knew about this issue and did nothing about it, there are many loyal APPL folks who will consider another option for their next device.

Funny thing is that my Brother is actually in que for his 7 Plus to arrive and now he's questioning that decision.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I do not know of anyone who has had problem with their iPhone 6/6 Plus not responding to their touch. In fact, I've had both devices and they worked fine when I had them. Anyway, I hope your brother get his situation resolved in his favor. Take care.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I do not know of anyone who has had problem with their iPhone 6/6 Plus not responding to their touch. In fact, I've had both devices and they worked fine when I had them. Anyway, I hope your brother get his situation resolved in his favor. Take care.

Thanks!

Been doing some Googling today and some are saying that Apple has known about the issue.

So strange. I never complain about little things, but this would shock me a bit.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
My work phone is an iPhone 6, just like everyone at work. Nobody's had this issue. I know the mobility people well and we chat a lot about phones, since we're both phone geeks. He would have said something.
So no. Don't know of anyone.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Ironically, I'm now sitting at the Apple store on 67th and Broadway as my iP6 Battery has been quickly dropping over the past week...

Weird...

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I haven't heard of anyone having a touch screen issue on the iPhone 6 or 6s models in my social or business circles.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I never experienced this with my 6 Plus but I upgrade annually. From what I've heard of this issue (yes, I have heard about it) it didn't start appearing until just recently as iPhone 6 devices age. If I were your brother I would call 800-MY-APPLE and speak with them. Apple generally forms special teams to handle issues that involve lawsuits.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234