The Case Of The Missing Headphone Jack

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Since the iPhone 7 has been announced, some are disappointed that Apple has decided to move away from having the 3.5mm headphone jack. Personally, this does not bother me as I have a couple of wireless headphones (earbuds and over the ear) already. Some have even made the case that even when Apple ditched the floppy drive that people were upset too! The case is that Apple chooses to ditch old technology in favor of going forward with new technology and/or design.

For those on the forum that would like to chime in, is the missing headphone jack a deal breaker for you? What are some of your concerns? What are some things you like about it?

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
haha probably the biggest question after the keynote, people seem to be losing their minds over it and i've answered this maybe 5 times already since last night throughout the forums lol, no disrespect. But i agree with you, it does not bother me, i rarely use the headphones, and been wanting bluetooth ones so this is the push to buy them. The AirPods look nice and stylish, would def like to try them on first before making a purchase though, make sure it fits well and stays in your ear.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
For me? Yes and no. Yes because it was already a pain using the 3.5 because my iPhone doesn't power a lot of my higher end headphones so I ended up having to use a portable dac/amp combo, now I have to add another adapter to get music on my iPhone to sound good to ME.
No because I won't be upgrading and I refuse to use wireless headphones because you can't use a dac/amp and the sound quality is too inferior at the moment. (yes I can plug them in but they always sound worse plugged in) Hopefully by the time I go to the 8 or 9 wireless headphones will sound great at the 2-500.00 range.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I will just put the adapter on my nice set of over ear noise canceling headphones. At work I will use the included lightning headset. In my car I already use either bluetooth or lightning and never AUX.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Not for me, simply because it's nearly impossible to get passable sound quality out of the phone. I'll use the adapter when I watch videos and that's about it.

Classzero

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Sorry Bluetooth headphones don't sound as good as wired headphones. Until they do I am not interested. An adapter that is the solution another adapter? How may adapters are we to carry with our phones/notebooks just to keep functionality so they can be made thinner? Personally I liked the thickness of the iPhone 5/5s. I have upgraded every generation from the 3gs, I may just hold on to my 6s plus for as long as possible.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods