Why do people automatically trash the 7 just because it's screen is 750P again?

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
It seems like a lot of people don't factor in the screen size either. It's 4.7 inches, so 720P is perfectly fine for it. I'm guessing because everyone is so used to Android phones having high PPI. No, I'm not trying to damage control anything either, I'm quite literally typing this on my Nexus 6P... A QHD phone... If anything, LCD vs AMOLED is more important than just the resolution. The better colors on the iPhone 7 is definitely nice, but AMOLED still has the deeper blacks which give that "cinematic" feel when watching videos. Especially at night. But anyways, what do you guys think? Does the iPhone 7's display deserve the criticism?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
People will always want to compare Apple to Oranges. What one company has vs another.

In trueness most people don't care lol. But it's typical with any release.

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
It is a noisy minority really. A very vocal, yet small, group of consumers always show up after a product preview or release to complain about what they like that isn't included. Happens with every smart phone that is ever released that garners any hype at all.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't even let it bother me, Apple products have always been quality made and built to last. I have never had any complaints about any of the iPhone screens.

I have been using the iMac's in business along with the iPhone since 2008 and not changing any time soon.

I am also a loyal Blackberry fan since the early days, but that's a different subject entirely.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
It's human nature: People need to complain, it's as if showing approval and gratitude will rob them of their imaginary powers, they can't go there, it's terrifying to them, lol.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
They'll always complain, people were complaining about the Note 7 as soon as it came out. Nothing is ever good enough for those people. Every release isn't enough, there will always be complaints. I don't have an issue with the screen quality at all. I rarely watch movies on my phone anyway, that's what my iPad and Apple TV are for, plus I have a 4K TV at home.

Wybrem

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
People honestly think you need more ppi. Honestly the only use for 1440p is VR. Whatever like anyone will be using vr seriously on their phone. Maybe some tech nerds. The rest will be using their game console or pc.

aokusman1

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I have the 6s and the screen while ok is out of date for a phone that cost this much. 720p is on lower end phones that cost as little as $30 to buy.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
You can't have it both ways - either you criticise Apple for having "only" 326ppi on the iPhone 7, or you criticise Apple for having "unnecessary" 401ppi on the 7+. :)

Regarding the better colours (i.e. wider colour gamut, already available on the smaller iPad Pro) - what do people think about this? User tests of wider colour gamut displays are often neutral-negative, and depending on the implementation it can introduce banding problems. I'd be interested to hear your experiences.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
To have something to talk about. If it was just like the previous iPhone they would talk about that, make change they talk about that. Someone told me this quote a long time ago and it makes sense. " Change, Change before Change Change you" it took me a long time to understand what that meant but after I did understand it everything made sense.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Apple is at the top of the food chain right now so they will be the ones that everyone loves to hate. You'll always hear criticism from the other users of other platforms just to justify why their brand should be on the top.

Screens never were a selling point for me because of I want to watch a movie on a good screen I would watch my expensive tv. The phone for me is for messing around. I don't need a 4K resolution phone screen. I'm perfectly fine where my 6S is for resolution.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Screens never were a selling point for me because of I want to watch a movie on a good screen I would watch my expensive tv. The phone for me is for messing around. I don't need a 4K resolution phone screen. I'm perfectly fine where my 6S is for resolution.

You wouldn't see any improvement from a higher resolution on a screen the size of the 6S's anyway. Unless you have special eyes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2