Talk me out of buying a Macbook Pro

thinblueline029

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm really considering buying the 15-inch Macbook Pro. Yes I know the line is about to be re-fresher but I am at that point where I need a new laptop. I'm using an iMac and a iPad Pro and the pro just isn't cutting it for my mobility. I'm thinking of selling iMac and going to laptop with dock as primary and only actual computer and use iPad for consuming social media.

Am I crazy? Am I going to regret this purchase in the next few weeks? Or (anyone who already has Macbook Pro) am I going to still love this purchase?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

timja

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I am in exactly the same situation as you and wondered the same thing except that I might need the laptop to handle music production software too. I wonder what the upcoming announcement will mean in terms of improvements and price to current models.

thinblueline029

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting the current refurbished Macbook Pro- max specs. I don't know if the new ones will provide me any new feature that is a must have. Plus I'm pretty sure the current macbook pro is still a power horse.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If you can't possibly wait then buy now. If you aren't in a rush you might as well wait. Apple is having a media event in a week. If new MacBook Pros are announced retailers will probably start discounting current models.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Wait if you want to see if they announce new ones next week, if not, nothing wrong with buying one. I have a late 2013 13" rMBP and it's still doing just fine. It's even running macOS Sierra beta like a champ.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Wait if you want to see if they announce new ones next week, if not, nothing wrong with buying one. I have a late 2013 13" rMBP and it's still doing just fine. It's even running macOS Sierra beta like a champ.

I have a Late 2013 rMBP as well. Still running like the day I bought it!

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm really considering buying the 15-inch Macbook Pro. Yes I know the line is about to be re-fresher but I am at that point where I need a new laptop. I'm using an iMac and a iPad Pro and the pro just isn't cutting it for my mobility. I'm thinking of selling iMac and going to laptop with dock as primary and only actual computer and use iPad for consuming social media.

Am I crazy? Am I going to regret this purchase in the next few weeks? Or (anyone who already has Macbook Pro) am I going to still love this purchase?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Ok. Then purchase a Windows based computer. That is all that I ever owned.

pbike908

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Ok. Then purchase a Windows based computer. That is all that I ever owned.

Geez the price Apple wants for 15" Mac Book Pro's is insane! There are several 15" Intel I5 and I7 with 8 gig or more and 512GB SSD's that can be had for $1000. Windows 10 is a nice OS. And there is almost nothing one can't do on Windows anymore that they can do on Mac...

thinblueline029

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Ended up buying a new 15inch 2.5 with the extra 2GB of ram on the video card. I couldn't get myself to upgrade to the 2.8.

Still ridiculously expensive but man, I was like a kid at Christmas when I got it home.

Thanks your your comments and help. iMoreAppImg_20160904_081643.jpg

D

Deleted member 488356

Ended up buying a new 15inch 2.5 with the extra 2GB of ram on the video card. I couldn't get myself to upgrade to the 2.8.

Still ridiculously expensive but man, I was like a kid at Christmas when I got it home.

Woouw . . . great . . . you have an early Christmas this year :yes: