Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Khizer Hayat2's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    455 Global Posts

    Default Battery meter issue

    Hi my iPhone 5S battery meter has some issues. It drops by 15% to 20% at times like I had 60% when I woke up and after using for 10 mins it dropped to 32%. While sometimes I have say 3% left and when I connect charger it goes to 13 or 15% the very next moment.

    Is this normal or some issues with my battery.
  2. #2  
    Reparkable's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    547 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,056 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery meter issue

    Try letting the battery drop all the way to 0%
    Then charge back to 100%
    This re-calibrates the battery meter. Might fix your issue
  3. #3  
    LockOnTech's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    537 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery meter issue

    Have you also tried soft resetting the device by holding both the power button and the home button together and release both button until the apple logo appears?
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    Khizer Hayat2's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    455 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery meter issue

    Yes I have tried soft resetting plus recalibration method used above but so far no results.
    Last night I have tried another method and will share my views later on, details are:
    1. First I used my phone till 0% shut off
    2. Kept it uncharged for 3 hours
    3. Connected cable and once the mobile powered on I switched it off and let it charge for 6 hours
    4. Switched on mobile while charging cable was connected and soft reset it
    5. Once switched on I disconnected the cable

    It's day 1 now and I am checking wether this will help or not
  5. #5  
    LockOnTech's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    537 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery meter issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Khizer Hayat2 View Post
    Yes I have tried soft resetting plus recalibration method used above but so far no results.
    Last night I have tried another method and will share my views later on, details are:
    1. First I used my phone till 0% shut off
    2. Kept it uncharged for 3 hours
    3. Connected cable and once the mobile powered on I switched it off and let it charge for 6 hours
    4. Switched on mobile while charging cable was connected and soft reset it
    5. Once switched on I disconnected the cable

    It's day 1 now and I am checking wether this will help or not
    Had any luck with your progress?
  6. #6  
    comiken205's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    235 Posts
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery meter issue

    Sounds like you need a new battery. Sudden drops, after recalibrating, is an indication of a bad battery. You can always get to the Apple Store and have it replaced.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    Khizer Hayat2's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    455 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery meter issue

    Quote Originally Posted by LockOnTech View Post
    Had any luck with your progress?
    Yes so far it's working fine. Last night it went from 19% to 13% apart from that it is working great
  8. #8  
    LockOnTech's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    537 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery meter issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Khizer Hayat2 View Post
    Yes so far it's working fine. Last night it went from 19% to 13% apart from that it is working great
    Good to hear, glad it worked out for you.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    Khizer Hayat2's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    455 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery meter issue

    Thank you by the way how much new battery cost
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Battery meter issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Khizer Hayat2 View Post
    Thank you by the way how much new battery cost
    At Apple it's $80 installed. Reputable shops for around $50 installed. But they don't put in Apple brand batteries.

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone 6s+ having poor battery life with 9.3.5
    By arc3484 in forum iPhone 6s Plus
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 05:06 PM
  2. icloud issues
    By APujol926 in forum iPhone 5s
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2016, 07:32 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2016, 07:00 AM
  4. Post Battery Change Complication: Home button self activating
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2016, 10:36 AM
  5. Weird camera issue
    By edswife1970 in forum iPad Air 2
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-25-2016, 09:08 PM

Posting Permissions