Why can't I access certain apps with my home wifi?

ttnt99

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
I can't access to some certain apps with home Wifi

I couldn't open some apps recently with my home Wifi, but I could with public Wifi and cellular data. I have no idea what's wrong with my home Wifi. I've tried restarting my device, downloaded the latest update, forgot the network and reconnected, deleted those apps and downloaded again, but nothing worked. A support center of one of the apps told me that maybe my network didn't allow that app, so what do I need to do?
Please help! Thank you so much!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: I can't access to some certain apps with home Wifi

Contact your network carrier. Your home wifi speed may be too slow or there could be some sort of restriction.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

You forgot the most important thing. Restart your router.

If that doesn't help, contact your internet provider's helpdesk. I hope they will have a solution for you.

I have never had apps not working on wifi in the 6 years I've been using an iPhone.

Please let us know if you resolve this. That way someone else with the same issue can be helped too.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Also, do you have any other issues with your wifi? Do your apps work ok? Any loading issues? Have you tried any other devices on your wifi? It's possible your modem/router may be bad. They don't last forever.

iCricket

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site

What type of error are you getting? As the above poster said. Please take a screenshot of the recreated error as this will help us tremendously in helping you come to a resolution. You could try resetting your router to factory default settings and see if that helps too.

ttnt99

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site

You forgot the most important thing. Restart your router.

If that doesn't help, contact your internet provider's helpdesk. I hope they will have a solution for you.

I have never had apps not working on wifi in the 6 years I've been using an iPhone.

Please let us know if you resolve this. That way someone else with the same issue can be helped too.

It worked! Thank you so much!!!

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I've been having a similar issue with my home wifi. All apps open, but when I try to update an app or download a new app, it won't work. For example, if I have any apps that need updating, I can go to that page, hit "Update All" and the little round circles will appear for a second then the "Update" button will show again, and it won't do anything. It's been doing this for a few weeks. I can turn off wifi and use cellular data and everything downloads or updates just fine. Everything is also working fine on my work wifi. I have tried re-setting my router, and it still doesn't work. I contacted Apple and we tried several things with my phone, but nothing helped.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh