How can I take pictures of a book?

bruhl

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I am trying to take pictures of pictures published in a high school year book that I can then have framed. Not only are all the pages glossy but it is hard to hold the book flat and take the picture at the same time.

Does anybody have suggestions on how to position the book and phone and light the book for the best results? I am using an iPhone 6s.

gpobernardo

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I am trying to take pictures of pictures published in a high school year book that I can then have framed. Not only are all the pages glossy but it is hard to hold the book flat and take the picture at the same time.

Does anybody have suggestions on how to position the book and phone and light the book for the best results? I am using an iPhone 6s.

You'll have to position the light in such a way that the reflection won't go to your camera. Try using a small desk lamp, position it around 9 inches at the top of the book with the book flat on a table, then take a photo using your phone directly above the page. Hold a sheet of blank white bond paper perpendicular to the page at the bottom of the page as a reflector (in case the position of the lamp causes uneven light distribution). Adjust the lamp and/or the reflector paper as needed.