How do I take the back off my phone to change battery?

I

iMore Question

I have a replacement phone and I need to transfer the back of the phone and the battery from the old phone to the new phone.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
re:

Things like that are best left to people with the professional tools and ability to do it right... #myopinion

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
re:

Welcome to iMore! It's best to take it to an Apple Store and let them do it. Or check the iFixit guide. Check it online for whichever iPhone you use.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Things like that are best left to people with the professional tools and ability to do it right... #myopinion

Although I picked a different "best answer" THIS is what I recommend also! There is MUCH that can go wrong with a self repair! Even a 3rd party repair shop is not necessarily recommended. Apple repairs are always best done by Apple. :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a replacement phone and I need to transfer the back of the phone and the battery from the old phone to the new phone.

If you have a replacement phone, Why do you "need to transfer the back of the phone and the battery" from the old phone to the replacement phone? Isn't the replacement phone operational as-is?

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
If you have a replacement phone, Why do you "need to transfer the back of the phone and the battery" from the old phone to the replacement phone? Isn't the replacement phone operational as-is?

This is a legacy of phones of old BEFORE removable backs and batteries all but went way. Phone companies used to ship the replacement devices without to hold down costs, but with current phones this is no longer possible. Perhaps the OP has old bad info.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is a legacy of phones of old BEFORE removable backs and batteries all but went way. Phone companies used to ship the replacement devices without to hold down costs, but with current phones this is no longer possible. Perhaps the OP has old bad info.

Understood...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Although I picked a different "best answer" THIS is what I recommend also! There is MUCH that can go wrong with a self repair! Even a 3rd party repair shop is not necessarily recommended. Apple repairs are always best done by Apple. :)

The OP didn't state which phone they have. If an older phone like the iPhone 4, the cost for Apple to put in a new battery may be more than what it's worth. It's a consideration. My iPhone 5 needs a battery. And I'll most likely go to a local repair shop to do it. The closest Apple Store is 80 miles away.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Re:

The OP didn't state which phone they have. If an older phone like the iPhone 4, the cost for Apple to put in a new battery may be more than what it's worth. It's a consideration. My iPhone 5 needs a battery. And I'll most likely go to a local repair shop to do it. The closest Apple Store is 80 miles away.

In that case wouldn't Apple then opt to send a refurb? Anyways I selected you as the best answer. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234