I have a replacement phone and I need to transfer the back of the phone and the battery from the old phone to the new phone.
    07-20-2016 12:11 PM
  2. Ledsteplin said: Best Answer

Welcome to iMore! It's best to take it to an Apple Store and let them do it. Or check the iFixit guide. Check it online for whichever iPhone you use.
    Things like that are best left to people with the professional tools and ability to do it right... #myopinion
    pkcable likes this.
    07-20-2016 12:17 PM
    Welcome to iMore! It's best to take it to an Apple Store and let them do it. Or check the iFixit guide. Check it online for whichever iPhone you use.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-20-2016 12:22 PM
    Things like that are best left to people with the professional tools and ability to do it right... #myopinion
    Although I picked a different "best answer" THIS is what I recommend also! There is MUCH that can go wrong with a self repair! Even a 3rd party repair shop is not necessarily recommended. Apple repairs are always best done by Apple.
    07-20-2016 01:29 PM
    People have had many issues with 3rd party repairs on the newer iPhones. I wouldn't recommend it.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-20-2016 02:42 PM
    I have a replacement phone and I need to transfer the back of the phone and the battery from the old phone to the new phone.
    If you have a replacement phone, Why do you "need to transfer the back of the phone and the battery" from the old phone to the replacement phone? Isn't the replacement phone operational as-is?
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-20-2016 02:59 PM
    If you have a replacement phone, Why do you "need to transfer the back of the phone and the battery" from the old phone to the replacement phone? Isn't the replacement phone operational as-is?
    This is a legacy of phones of old BEFORE removable backs and batteries all but went way. Phone companies used to ship the replacement devices without to hold down costs, but with current phones this is no longer possible. Perhaps the OP has old bad info.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-20-2016 03:30 PM
    This is a legacy of phones of old BEFORE removable backs and batteries all but went way. Phone companies used to ship the replacement devices without to hold down costs, but with current phones this is no longer possible. Perhaps the OP has old bad info.
    Understood...
    pkcable likes this.
    07-20-2016 03:53 PM
    Although I picked a different "best answer" THIS is what I recommend also! There is MUCH that can go wrong with a self repair! Even a 3rd party repair shop is not necessarily recommended. Apple repairs are always best done by Apple.
    The OP didn't state which phone they have. If an older phone like the iPhone 4, the cost for Apple to put in a new battery may be more than what it's worth. It's a consideration. My iPhone 5 needs a battery. And I'll most likely go to a local repair shop to do it. The closest Apple Store is 80 miles away.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-21-2016 10:46 AM
    The OP didn't state which phone they have. If an older phone like the iPhone 4, the cost for Apple to put in a new battery may be more than what it's worth. It's a consideration. My iPhone 5 needs a battery. And I'll most likely go to a local repair shop to do it. The closest Apple Store is 80 miles away.
    In that case wouldn't Apple then opt to send a refurb? Anyways I selected you as the best answer.
    07-21-2016 11:50 AM
    In that case wouldn't Apple then opt to send a refurb? Anyways I selected you as the best answer.
    They would with Applecare. The warranty on my old 5 has long since lapsed. LOL
    07-21-2016 06:45 PM
    Apple charges about $84.00 to replace a battery. At that cost it is best to let them do it.
    07-21-2016 09:13 PM
    Apple charges about $84.00 to replace a battery. At that cost it is best to let them do it.
    So we just resolved the mystery of why iPhones are designed without user-replaceable batteries. Thanks Apple!

BTW, you can buy a fully functional smart phone for $84.
    07-22-2016 02:27 AM